Clients are working with a recognized leader
Porter Hedges is a recognized leader at helping clients around the world develop, finance, restructure, purchase and sell energy assets and projects. Because many of our energy finance lawyers either started out as finance professionals or in-house counsel with energy companies, we have an in-house perspective that benefits lenders as well as industry borrowers.
We have advised banks on financing pipelines, offshore production platforms, and oil and gas properties, and have been especially active in advising various foreign and domestic banks as agents in syndicated reserve-based credit facilities. For industry borrowers we have structured a wide range of sophisticated financing arrangements, including:
- Reserve-based mezzanine and conventional bank financing for oil and gas producers
- Volumetric production payments
- Project financing for natural gas storage facilities, distributive power generation projects, co-generation and landfill gas-to-electricity power projects
- Credit facilities for exploration, production, and oilfield equipment manufacturing companies
- Mezzanine financing of distributive generation power projects and landfill gas-to-power projects
- Advising a super-independent exploration and production company in the formation of multiple drilling funds ($500 million) to fund the development of additional oil and gas reserves at substantially lower overall costs of capital.
- Advising a major mezzanine lender in connection with more than $1 billion of production-based mezzanine financings involving more than 40 borrowers.
- Counseling lenders and borrowers in placing reserve-based energy credits that range from $3 million to $150 million.
- Structuring a unique deal that led to the formation of a new mezzanine lender, then helping the lender complete an energy partnership's credit facility to finance the purchase of North Texas assets and to fund exploration.
- Representing a leading domestic company as the equity participant in a $350 million synthetic lease financing to construct a “coker” facility for a major domestic refiner.
- Representing banks and mezzanine lenders to craft debtor-in-possession financing in the reorganizations of an Oklahoma-based oil and gas company, Texas real estate developers and an Illinois methane reclamation company.