The financing and development of energy industry infrastructure projects is as complex as it is capital intensive. Whether your project is an oil or natural gas pipeline, power generation facility, natural gas storage installation, refinery infrastructure, or similar undertaking, you need help dealing with the mix of sophisticated legal, financial, regulatory and management issues. What you don't want is a one-size-fits-all legal counsel that doesn't reflect an in-depth understanding of the industry.
Our unmatched energy industry experience enables us to represent the financing and development needs of the key players in large-scale energy infrastructure projects. We offer full capabilities in project and infrastructure finance, capital market access, structured finance and tax law, to design alternative financial/legal structures, draft financing models and project documents, and manage even the most complicated transactions. We perform diligence and coordination functions in projects from early development and construction planning phases to the later phases involving turnkey startup and operation.
We have worked with lenders, investors, production and exploration companies, developers and contractors in energy infrastructure projects throughout Texas and the Gulf region. Our experience encompasses a full range of syndicated and structured financing options, and we have worked with the development of renewable and alternative energy projects, as well as more conventional oil and gas refining, storage and transportation construction.
- Structured financing for construction of off-shore processing facilities and construction of refinery assets.
- Project financing for natural gas storage facilities, distributive power generation projects, co-generation and landfill gas-to-electricity power projects, petroleum coke handling facilities.
- Project development financing for merchant gas storage projects.
- Financing of distributive power generator projects and landfill gas-to-power projects.
- Project development and financing of independent power projects.
- Synthetic lease financing of refinery infrastructure for a major domestic refining company.