Numerous financial institutions and commercial credit organizations turn to Porter Hedges to protect their interests and collateral out of court and in bankruptcy. We represent trustees, secured creditors and creditors' committees in bankruptcies, workouts, restructurings and asset sales, using our extensive knowledge of finance documentation and credit policies to advance your interests at every stage of a transaction to ensure the maximum recovery. If litigation is necessary, we represent creditors in avoidance actions brought by debtors and trustees, including debt re-characterization preferences and fraudulent transfer claims.
In addition, our bankruptcy lawyers have developed special skills in facilitating asset purchases from bankruptcy estates. We have assisted numerous companies in acquiring oil and gas properties, equipment, real estate and loan portfolios. We also advise energy industry companies on their options as trade creditors, having worked with numerous downstream, midstream and upstream producers, suppliers, marketers, and transporters in many energy-related bankruptcies, including Calpine, Entergy, Mirant, Enron and Tri-Union among others.
- Counsel for Blackgate Resources, L.L.C. and Raptor Capital International, L.L.C. creditors in the Chapter 11 case of BNP Petroleum Corporation
- Counsel for Amegy Bank N.A. as the senior secured lender et al, DIP lender and stalking horse bidder in their Chapter 11 cases of Bigler, L.P.
- Counsel for the Foreign Representative in the Chapter 15 case of Paintenth Energy Services, Inc.
- Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Tekoil & Gas Corporation, and Tekoil and Gas Gulf Coast
- Counsel for Anadarko Petroleum Corporation and its affiliates, Buffalo Gap Instrumentation & Electrical, Co., Inc., Concho Resources, Inc. and its affiliates, DnB NOR Bank ASA and Forest Oil Corporation, creditors in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of SemCrude, L.P., et al