Clients get customized policies and help implementing them
The best approach to employment problems is to address them early. Our lawyers will help you develop and implement sound strategies for administering your personnel relationships in a way that identifies potential problems before they create liability. Our lawyers know the right questions to ask about your current compliance policies, in order to find areas that may be out of date or need improvement.
We can help you eliminate the problems, and avoid the risk. The key to that is developing personnel policies that meet all legal requirements and minimize your likelihood of employment-related claims and lawsuits. We can review and revise your existing policies and procedures, or create a new employee handbook for your company from scratch. Then we'll help you and your managers effectively implement your policies, making sure they become part of everyday business practices.
Types of employment issues for counseling and litigation
- Employment discrimination
- Retaliation and wrongful discharge
- Title VII, ADA and FMLA compliance
- Severance arrangements and employment contracts
- Non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Plant closings and mass layoffs
- Wage and hour issues
- Workplace privacy (including drug, alcohol and disease testing)
Representative examples of the solutions we provide:
- Serving as investigative counsel for numerous employers of various sizes in formal and informal discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints.
- Representing public and privately owned companies in administrative overtime and back pay proceedings.
- Defending companies and individual management employees against charges of sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Advising companies on the implementation and application of a drug enforcement program, including subsequent union arbitration and state court litigation.