Dice: 0 Max Number: 1
Porter Hedges provides clients with a cross-practice team of attorneys who have handled some of the world' in energy transactions, routinely counseling clients on corporate transactions, tax, environmental issues, project financing. We manage and negotiate complex transactions in such energy sectors as upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas; LNG; gas transportation; electric power generation and transmission; and renewable energy.
Clients include public and private exploration and production companies, oilfield service companies, reservoir engineering firms, commercial banks, mezzanine lenders, private equity companies, natural gas pipelines and gathering systems, and natural gas storage companies, among many others.
Among the full scope of transactions with which we advise and represent energy industry clients are the following:
- Oil & Gas. Representing clients in acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures regarding upstream oil and gas properties, pipelines, gathering systems, processing and treatment facilities, LNG facilities, drilling and service company assets, and renewal energy assets.
- Unconventional Resources. Development, acquisition and sale of unconventional hydrocarbon resources, with a particular focus on domestic oil and gas shale plays.
- Energy Finance. Representing borrowers and lenders globally with innovative financing for developing, restructuring, purchasing, and selling energy assets and projects, including major infrastructure projects. We advise banks on financing pipelines, offshore production platforms, and oil and gas properties, including advising foreign and domestic banks as agents in syndicated reserve-based credit facilities.
- Renewable Energy. Assessment of opportunities and implementation of renewable energy projects, from the initial stages of investment and formation of tax strategies to the development, acquisition, financing, construction, and operation of these projects.
- Electric Power. Advising and representing lenders, investors, owners, developers, operators, marketers, and construction contractors in electric power-related transactions.
- Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs). Advising clients in both the midstream and upstream energy markets, focusing on representing conflicts committees in affiliated party transactions, including the “drop down” of businesses and assets.
- Environmental. Among the many issues our clients confront are permitting, waste disposal, regulatory compliance and filing, agency investigations, groundwater contamination, hydraulic fracturing, climate change related issues, and litigation.
- Tax. Advising clients on tax-advantaged strategies in energy transactions.
- Porter Hedges Represents American Energy-Utica in its $407M Sale of Appalachian Assets to Gulfport Energy Corporation
- Porter Hedges Represents Chesapeake Energy Corp. in the $5.375B Sale of Marcellus and Utica Shale Assets to Southwestern Energy
- Porter Hedges Represents American Energy Partners in Three Shale Acreage Transactions Totaling $4.25 billion
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Petroleum Corporation in the Acquisition of Hawaii’s Mid Pac Petroleum for $107 million
- Porter Hedges Represents Azure Midstream Energy in the Acquisition of an EXCO and BG Group Joint Venture (TGGT Holdings) for $910 Million
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Petroleum Corporation in its Acquisition of Tesoro Hawaii, LLC
- Porter Hedges Represents PetroQuest Energy in the $193 Million Gulf of Mexico Acquisition and a $200 Million Senior Note Offering
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Petroleum Corporation in the $400 million Acquisition of Tesoro Hawaii, LLC
- Porter Hedges Represents Special Committee of the Gulfport Energy Corporation Board of Directors in the $220 million acquisition of Utica Shale Acreage from Windsor Ohio
- Porter Hedges Represents Special Committee of the Gulfport Energy Corporation Board of Directors in the $372 million acquisition of Utica Shale Acreage from Windsor Ohio
- Porter Hedges Represents Chevron U.S.A. Inc. in the Acquisition of Unconventional Assets in New Mexico from Chesapeake Energy Corp.
- Porter Hedges Represents EPL Oil & Gas, Inc. in the Purchase of Oil and Gas Assets in the Gulf of Mexico from Hilcorp Energy Co. for $550 Million
- Porter Hedges Represents Noble Energy in the Completion of the $3.2 billion Joint Venture with CONSOL Energy in the Marcellus Shale
- Porter & Hedges Represents Talisman (Canada) in Creation of Joint Venture with Statoil (Norway)
- Porter & Hedges Represents Petrohawk Energy in Joint Venture with Kinder Morgan
|06/16/14||"$2.5 Billion Deal for Permian Basin Energy Assets," Texas Lawyer|
|01/23/14||"Energy GCs: More M&A, JVs, IPOs Expected in 2014," The Texas Lawbook|
|10/17/13||"Azure Takes Over BG Group, EXCO JV In $931M Deal," Law360|
|09/17/13||"Acon, Pritzker take stake in Sequitur for as much as $1B," The Deal Pipeline|
|09/17/12||"EPL Pays $550M For Hilcorp's Shallow-Water Gulf Oil Fields," Law360|
|09/17/12||"Andrews Kurth & Porter Hedges Advise $550 Million EPL-Hilcorp Deal," The Texas Lawbook|
|09/26/11||“Energy Companies Fill Pipeline of Offerings,” Wall Street Journal|