Transportation, Storage and Terminals for Natural Gas, Crude Oil and Refined Products
Porter Hedges’ energy practice group represents players in the midstream sector, including producers, gathering companies, processors, treaters, pipelines, storage companies and industrial end-users in all aspects of natural gas transportation and storage. The energy group has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating agreements for the development, finance, construction, ownership and operation of transportation, storage and other midstream projects such as:
- Greenfield development of pipelines and gathering systems
- Greenfield development of natural gas storage facilities, both in depleted reservoirs and salt features
- Acquisitions and divestitures of pipelines, gathering systems and processing plants
- Acquisitions and divestures of natural gas storage facilities and storage companies
- Gas gathering agreements
- Gas treating and processing agreements
- Precedent agreements
- Jurisdictional and non-jurisdictional transportation agreements
- Capacity release agreements
- Natural gas storage leases
- Pipeline construction contracts
- Operation and maintenance agreements for pipelines and gathering systems
- Interconnect agreements
- Asset “drop downs” for midstream MLP transactions
- Acquisitions and divestitures of crude oil and refined product pipelines and terminating facilities
- Acquisitions, divestures and finance of LNG facilities
- Acquisition of Katy Natural Gas Storage Facility, Freebird Natural Gas Storage Facility, Caledonia Natural Gas Storage.
- Facility site acquisition and/or construction and/or finance of Lodi Natural Gas Storage Facility, Tres Palacios Natural Gas Storage Facility, Worsham Steed Natural Gas Storage Facility, Elba LNG Regasification Facility and Freeport LNG Regasification Facility.
- Representing major refined products transportation company in acquisition of major pipeline and terminal facilities.
- Representing conflicts committees of various MLPs in connection with acquisition of midstream assets through a “drop-down” acquisition transaction.