A Global Economy
We understand that in today's business world, individuals and companies must be prepared to work with a global economy and with a law firm experienced in handling international affairs. Whether it is a local start-up, or a major corporation with locations around the world, the issues you face and the decisions made must be based on a sound knowledge of the potential legal ramifications of conducting business across geographical borders.
Porter Hedges' lawyers have experience representing clients on an international scale. Our work in the areas of energy, corporate, arbitration and litigation, among others, position us to assist our clients and their business interests when faced with a cross border legal issues.
Porter Hedges is a member of TerraLex, an international network made up of 15,000 attorneys in more than 155 leading independent law firms in 100 countries serving the business interests of clients whose requirements transcend their borders. TerraLex provides our firm with access to the global expertise and deep local connections needed to provide clients with seamless service no matter where their needs arise. While TerraLex members are not engaged in the joint practice of law, a membership in TerraLex gives us, and our clients, access to superior legal resources on a worldwide basis so that our clients' needs for legal services can be handled efficiently virtually anywhere. Further information about TerraLex can be obtained at the organization's website at www.terralex.org.
Our international experience extends to:
- Representing developers of natural gas-fired electric power projects in the development, construction and financing of such projects in Pakistan, Canada, China, Brazil, Mexico and India.
- Representing owners and developers of natural gas processing facilities, refineries and pipelines in Mexico, Canada, Bolivia and Algeria.
- Representing a developer in all aspects of development of a landfill gas to electricity project in Monterrey, Mexico.
- Providing U.S. securities law advice for offerings made by Canadian companies.
- Representing a buyer of chemical manufacturing facilities in Germany and the Netherlands.
- Providing international arbitration services to clients.
- Formation of foreign trusts and business entities.
- Representing a Korean manufacturer in commercial arbitration before the ICC.
- Representing a Thai plastics manufacturer in the formation of a joint venture with the Thai government.
- Representing an Australian bank in approximately 20 reserve based mezzanine oil and gas loans.
- Representing Colombian company in $950,000,000 sale of Columbian concessions to Spanish utility.
- Representing oil and gas producer in $494,000,000 purchase of U.S. upstream exploration and production assets from subsidiary of Canadian company.
- Representing U.S. companies in deployment of drilling rigs and other oilfield equipment in Mexico, Egypt, Turkey, Brazil and other countries.
- Representing Australian company in acquisition and development of domestic upstream exploration and production assets.
- Representing Australian company in acquisition of power projects.
- Representing a U.S. company in divesture of Australian oil shale assets.
- Representing Korean company in Gulf of Mexico upstream exploration and production acquisitions.
- Representing Canadian company in acquisition of 35,000 acres in Eagle Ford Shale trend in Texas.
- Representing Korean company in acquisition of onshore exploration and production assets.