Amy K. Wolfshohl
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2006
B.S., summa cum laude, Construction Science, Texas A&M University, 2001
United States District Court Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Amy Wolfshohl is a senior associate in the litigation practice group of Porter Hedges. Her practice focuses on a wide variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including construction law, energy, and other technical fields. She has experience in both federal and state court.
Ms. Wolfshohl has represented subcontractors, owners, general contractors, homeowners, and others in disputes related to commercial, industrial, pipeline, and residential construction. Ms. Wolfshohl was also selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars in 2012 and 2013 for Construction Litigation.
Ms. Wolfshohl has particular experience in effectively and efficiently managing cases with vast amounts of documents and complex factual issues. She also has experience with bankruptcy issues that can affect and overlap with commercial litigation.
Before practicing law, Ms. Wolfshohl was a project engineer for general contractors in Texas and California. She graduated first in her class from the College of Architecture at Texas A&M University.
- First-chair arbitration victory including attorneys' fees and costs for a telecommunications company.
- Second-chair trial victory including attorneys' fees relating to representation of trustee in bankruptcy proceedings for a highrise condominium complex.
- Recovery of funds due to a subcontractor for work on a large development including attorney's fees and interest.
- Representation of an international architectural firm in a construction defect case.
- Representation of a national energy industry maintenance and installation services provider in a contract dispute.
- Drafted successful motion for summary judgment in trademark and copyright case in Southern District of Texas which disposed of all claims.
- Drafted successful motion to dismiss relating to jurisdictional issues.
- Procuring a favorable settlement for funds due to a subcontractor on a public works project.
- Defense of a non-profit in business disparagement litigation.
- Representation of a singer and songwriter in a breach of contract action.
- Representation relating to filing liens and bond claims.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow (2009)
- Rice Design Alliance, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member of Construction Law Section
- American Bar Association, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member