Dice: 0 Max Number: 1
The Porter Hedges Infrastructure Projects team advises clients with respect to the legal aspects of LNG infrastructure projects from the initial to the final stages. Our experience includes:
- Corporate structuring
- Mezzanine and senior debt financings
- Negotiating the FEED as well as the EPC
- Navigating complex regulatory approvals
- Operational LNG sales contracts
- Terminal use agreements
- Gas supply and off-take agreements
We also advise on the state and local property and sales tax issues, including abatements, related to these types of projects.
- Representation of a global energy and marketing company in a series of transactions related to the development of a liquefaction facility for an LNG project, including liquefaction tolling, marketing, and revenue sharing arrangements; construction and permanent financing for a hydrocarbon liquids extraction project (negotiated and prepared all loan documentation, including negotiation and preparation of definitive collateral documentation, such as security agreements, pledge agreements, deeds of trust, and depository arrangements); and pad gas agreements related to underground gas storage facilities.
- Representation of Southern Liquefaction Co. LLC, a Kinder Morgan company and unit of El Paso Pipeline Partners LP, in the formation of a joint venture with Shell US Gas & Power LLC to develop an LNG export plant with about 2.5 million tonnes/year in liquefaction capacity at Southern LNG Co. LLC’s existing Elba Island LNG terminal near Savannah, Ga.
- Served as local counsel for Japanese gas and electric company’s investment in the first liquefaction train of an LNG project; conducted due diligence with respect to Texas real estate, commercial, and regulatory matters and consulted regularly on local law matters and on a variety of legal arrangements.
- Conducted due diligence on corporate governance, terminal use agreements, employment matters, intercompany agreements, facilities sharing agreement, real estate matters, ground leases, storage leases, environmental matters, regulatory approvals, commercial contracts, tax and insurance matters for an LNG project.
- Provided tax advice with respect to Cove Point expansion project for LNG export.