Dice: 0 Max Number: 1
Porter Hedges corporate attorneys have long been dedicated to emerging companies and the venture capital funds that finance them. We regularly assist emerging companies within many industries with a full spectrum of corporate, securities, and merger/acquisition transactions related to building their business from initial formation and venture capital financing through an initial public offering or sale. We are also a leading provider of legal counsel to premier venture capital funds in fund formation and venture investments.
Beyond financing, our attorneys often coordinate all of the legal work for emerging companies as they build their businesses, acting as an advisor and “de facto” general counsel to them in that process. Our flexible cross-disciplinary approach to serving emerging growth clients gives clients access to the most experienced lawyers throughout the firm, from intellectual property to labor and employment, tax, litigation, regulatory, and more.
Among the services we provide for emerging growth companies are:
- Formation and structuring of start-up ventures
- Angel, venture capital, private equity and investment bank financing
- Representation in implementing “buy and build” strategies for growth
- IPO and follow-on offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate governance and board advice
- Employment, equity, and other compensation and benefits
- Employee stock options
- Compliance with U.S. and international laws and regulations, including SEC compliance, state and federal disclosure, regulatory requirements, and shareholder communication
- Intellectual property advice, protection, and litigation
- Technology transactions (e.g., licensing, joint ventures, and R&D collaborations)
- General commercial transactions