Porter Hedges is a recognized leader at helping clients around the world develop, finance, restructure, purchase and sell energy assets and projects. Because many of our energy finance lawyers either started out as finance professionals or in-house counsel with energy companies, we fully understand the needs and concerns of both lenders borrowers.
We have advised banks on financing pipelines, offshore production platforms, and oil and gas properties, and have been especially active in advising various foreign and domestic banks as agents in syndicated reserve-based credit facilities. And for industry borrowers our experience encompasses a full range of syndicated and structured financing options for both conventional and renewable/alternative energy projects.
For industry borrowers and lenders we have structured a wide range of sophisticated financing arrangements, including:
- Reserve-based mezzanine and conventional bank financing for oil and gas producers.
- Volumetric production payments
- Project financing for natural gas storage facilities, distributive power generation projects, co-generation and landfill gas-to-electricity power projects
- Credit facilities for exploration, production, and oilfield equipment manufacturing companies
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Creative deals in the formation of mezzanine lenders
- Production-based mezzanine financings
- Mezzanine financing of distributive generation power projects and landfill gas-to-power projects
- Formation of drilling funds for development of oil and gas reserves
- Placement of reserve-based energy credits
- Financing of major energy-industry construction projects