J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2006
B.S., summa cum laude, Construction Science, Texas A&M University, 2001
United States District Court Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Amy Wolfshohl is a partner in the construction practice group. She is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Construction Law and has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers for Construction Law.
She represents companies in negotiating and analyzing risk in connection with highly complex construction transactions with an emphasis on industrial construction and EPC contracts. Amy is also an experienced construction litigator. Her cases primarily relate to complex energy facilities, EPC contracts, and representation of owners in lien actions.
Amy is also Co-Chair of the Construction & Infrastructure Practice Group for Terralex, an international network of more than 19,000 attorneys in 155 leading independent law firms in over 100 countries, of which Porter Hedges is a member. Before practicing law, Amy was a project engineer for general contractors in Texas and California. She graduated first in her class from the College of Architecture at Texas A&M University.
Amy is a frequent contributor to the Porter Hedges Construction Law Blog.
- Drafting of engineering and project management contract for owner of a crude storage and loading facility
- Negotiation of construction contract on behalf of owner of $450 million ethylene glycol facility
- Drafting and negotiation of a construction agreement for owner of a $150 million gas plant and natural gas liquid recovery project
- Drafting and negotiation of an EPC contract on behalf of owner of $80 million industrial manufacturing facility
- Drafting of term sheet and EPC contract for $50 million methanol package units on behalf of contractor
- Drafted master EPC contract and purchase order for gas processing and other industrial facilities
- Negotiation of numerous pipeline construction contracts
- Negotiation of numerous construction contracts on behalf of owner for expansion of olefin facility
- Revision and negotiation of dozens of purchase order terms and conditions relating to pumps supplied to industrial owners
- Updating of form construction and engineering MSAs on behalf of numerous midstream owners
- Revision and negotiation of MSAs with industrial owners
Construction Litigation - Amy has extensive experience representing owners, general contractors, subcontractors, and others in disputes related to commercial, energy, industrial, and pipeline construction.
- Represented owner in dispute relating to $117 million gas processing facility involving over 30 lien claims
- Represented owner in dispute relating to $90 million gas processing facility involving claims between the owner, surety, and lien claimants and a contractor in bankruptcy
- Represented owner in dispute relating to over $12 million in design errors stemming from LPG and crude tank design and construction
- Represented owner in dispute relating to design and construction of a large crude splitter with over $50 million in claims relating to defective design
- Represented owner in delay claim relating to industrial facility
- Represented major municipality in connection with litigation against a contractor and designer for faulty construction and design of an airport runway
- Represented owner in arbitration against architect relating to failure to meet Texas Department of Aging and Disability Standards
- Represented an international architecture firm in a design defect case relating to a major hotel project
- Represented owner of industrial facility in dispute relating to business interruption
- Represented construction company in connection with a payment dispute with the State of Texas on a large commercial fishery
- Represented a large construction company in a construction delay case
- Represented an international architecture firm in a design defect case relating to a faulty foundation
- Represented local real estate company in construction defect case
- Represented national energy industry maintenance and installation services provider in a contract dispute
- Arbitration victory including attorneys' fees and costs for a national telecommunications company
Commercial Litigation - Amy has extensive experience representing banks, trustees, and businesses in complex commercial disputes.
- Trial victory including attorneys' fees relating to a personal guarantee
- Trial victory including attorneys' fees relating to representation of trustee in bankruptcy proceedings for a highrise condominium complex
- Represented foreign bank and obtained dismissal on the pleadings based on jurisdictional grounds
- Represented bank in litigation against guarantors
- Represented trustee in bankruptcy proceedings relating to recovery of fraudulent transfers and preferential payments
- Represented inventor in dispute relating to offshore oil and gas platform
- Represented trustee in fiduciary duty disputes
- Pre-litigation representation relating to LSTA transactions
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Construction Law Section of Texas State Bar, Council Member
- HBA Construction Law Section, Board Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow