Anders T. C. Gibson
J.D., summa cum laude, University of Arkansas School of Law, Law Review, 2002
B.A., Economics and Foreign Affairs, University of Virginia, 1993
Anders Gibson is a partner in the property and finance practice group of Porter Hedges. His practice focuses on representing agents, lenders, participants and borrowers in a variety of energy and commercial financing transactions, including reserve-based lending, mezzanine financing, revolving and term credit facilities, second lien credit facilities, syndicated and single-lender financings, secured hedging transactions, intercreditor matters, compliance with hedging regulations, acquisitions and divestitures of energy-related assets and companies and related secured transactions. Anders also provides advice and counsel to clients in respect of derivative transactions, including hedging matters, and related Dodd-Frank requirements. Recently, Anders has (i) advised clients regarding workouts and restructuring of existing credit facilities and financing transactions and related remedial actions and (ii) conducted collateral reviews and lien analysis for various stakeholders in energy-related bankruptcy cases.
From 2002 to 2005, Anders practiced bankruptcy representing trustees, debtors and creditors in a variety of bankruptcy matters, including corporate reorganizations, debtor-credit rights, restructurings and the administration of claims and preference dockets.
Anders has been selected by Martindale Hubble as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer for Energy Law, Environmental Law, Land Use Law, with an AV Preeminent peer review rating. In addition, Anders received the firm’s 2011-2012 Pro Bono Award for his outstanding contributions to the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program.
- Representation of a mezzanine lender in a $200,000,000 advancing term credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets located in the State of Texas, in which the lender acquired term and perpetual overriding royalty interests in the borrower’s oil and gas assets.
- Representation of a mezzanine lender in a $100,000,000 advancing term credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets located in the State of Louisiana, in which the lender acquired a net profits overriding royalty interest in the borrower’s oil and gas assets.
- Representation of a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in a $275,000,000 syndicated senior secured credit facility for a fast growing privately held energy services company.
- Representation of a newly formed midstream energy company in a $600,000,000 syndicated senior credit facility to finance the acquisition of various entities holding midstream pipeline assets in Texas and Louisiana.
- Representation of a private equity firm focused on energy infrastructure investments in a $30,000,000 revolving credit agreement to provide financing for its investment activities.
- Representation of a foreign lender in a $270,000,000 syndicated gas storage financing to provide debt funding for the construction and operation of a gas storage facility located in Wyoming.
- Representation of an offshore exploration and production company regarding a syndicated first lien reserve based credit facility and a second lien term credit facility to finance its ongoing exploration and development activities.
- Representation of a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in a $100,000,000 senior secured credit facility to finance borrower’s exploration and development of oil and gas properties located in Colorado.
- Representation of a financial institution, as hedge provider, a first lien lender and the second lien term lender in a $32,500,000 first lien syndicated revolving credit facility and a $20,000,000 second lien term credit facility, collateralized with certain oil and gas assets located in the States of North Dakota and Montana.
- Representation of a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in a $30,000,000 senior secured credit facility to finance borrower’s acquisition of production payments from oil and gas producers’ properties located in Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Illinois and Kansas.
- Representation of a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in a $50,000,000 reserve-based senior first lien secured credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets in the State of Texas.
- Representation of a commercial bank, as administrative and collateral agent, in a $40,000,000 reserve-based credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets in the State of Texas.
- Representation of a sophisticated lender group regarding the capitalization of and extensions of credit to a Houston and British Virgin Islands-based family of oil and gas exploration and production companies to finance a portfolio of oil and gas reserve projects in Colombia and Peru.
- Representation of a commercial hedge provider in various multi-million dollar prepaid hedging transactions with oil and gas exploration company counterparties to finance the development of counterparties’ oil and gas properties located in California, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.
- Representation of a Houston-based exploration and production company in the negotiation of various ISDA Agreements for hedging transactions with certain lenders under its syndicated credit facility.
- Representation of lenders in loan workouts, forbearance agreements and mortgage foreclosures across various jurisdictions.
- Representation of lenders and hedge counterparties in the negotiation of multi-party intercreditor agreements.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court (Bankruptcy), Member (2004/2005)
- South Texas College of Law’s Transactional Law Meet, Judge (02/28/14)