Benjamin J. "Ben" Rajabi
J.D., cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2008
B.A., summa cum laude, Texas A&M University, 2005
Ben Rajabi is a partner in the energy section of Porter Hedges. He counsels a broad array of clients in the energy sector in transactional matters with a particular focus on the midstream sector, including:
- acquisitions and divestitures of pipelines, gathering systems and storage facilities for crude oil, natural gas and constituent products
- acquisitions and divestitures of portfolios of oil and natural gas purchase, sales and hedging agreements
- engineering, procurement and construction agreements for midstream and downstream infrastructure projects, including pipelines, gathering systems, LNG and CNG terminals
- operation and maintenance agreements for midstream and downstream infrastructure projects
- joint ventures for midstream and downstream energy projects
- natural gas purchase, sales and marketing agreements and NAESB agreements
- oil and natural gas gathering, processing and treating agreements, oil and gas transportation agreements, and related midstream agreements
- acquisitions, divestitures, construction, installation and operations agreements for renewable energy projects
- power purchase agreements
- hedging agreements
The Legal 500 recognized him among industry leaders in the area of Energy Transactions: Oil and Gas in 2016.
- Represented Tokyo Gas America in its acquisition of a minority stake in an approximately $600 million natural gas fired power plant under development near the Marcellus shale, including negotiation of acquisition and joint venture agreements.
- Represented a diversified energy company focused on natural gas distribution and transmission services in the Middle-Atlantic, Southeast and Midwest regions in the acquisition of a portfolio of retail natural gas sales and supply agreements and related hedging agreements in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a Georgia-based natural gas service provider in the acquisition of a portfolio of natural gas sales and supply agreements in the Carolinas from a multinational oil and gas company.
- Represented a commodity trading company in its acquisition of a majority ownership investment in the owner and operator of a pyrolysis plant.
- Represented Magnolia LNG regarding its development of an LNG export terminal, including its $4.35 billion-dollar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations and maintenance agreements, and a wide range of other project development and financing-related matters.
- Represented Freepoint Commodities LLC in the $350 million sale by Hess of the storage terminal at the former Hovensa refinery in the U.S. Virgin Islands, including negotiation of the related joint venture agreement with ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC.
- Represented Enbridge Inc. in the negotiation of a turbine supply agreement and a balance of plant agreement for a 103-megawatt wind farm located in West Virginia.
- Representation of a midstream gas processor in multiple, long-term, gas gathering and processing agreements with various upstream producers in the STACK play in Oklahoma.
- Represented a midstream gas processor in the negotiation of separate construction and installation and engineering and procurement agreements related to a 200MMscf/d cryogenic processing facility to be developed in Oklahoma.
- Represented an Oklahoma cooperative in the sale of an intrastate pipeline and related assets, including negotiation of a related transportation agreement, access and easement agreements, a transition services agreement and a construction agreement for metering facilities.
- Represented the commodity arm of a multi-national investment bank in multiple-billion-dollar, long-term, prepaid natural gas sales agreements.
- Represented an offtaker at an 835 MW combined cycle power plant regarding the construction of a natural gas pipeline to bypass a local distribution company.
- Representation of Kinder Morgan in the formation of $1.3 billion Fayetteville Express Pipeline joint venture.
- Representation of Kinder Morgan in the formation of the Cypress Interstate Pipeline joint venture.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas