J.D., magna cum laude, South Texas College of Law, 1997
B.S., summa cum laude, University of Houston, 1993
Ephraim del Pozo is a partner in the Energy Finance section at Porter Hedges. His practice focuses on energy finance, but also includes a broad range of transactions involving corporate transactions, commercial lending, acquisitions and dispositions of energy-related assets and companies and exploration and production. Ephraim has extensive experience in:
- Onshore, offshore, upstream and mid-stream operations, including acquisition and divestiture of energy related assets
- Conventional and mezzanine energy financing and related secured transactions
- Commercial lending transactions
- Independent power project financing
- Project Financing
- Reserve based lending
- Letter of credit facilities
- Hedging, derivative, swap and ISDA agreements
- Financing of mergers and acquisitions
- Syndicated bank revolving and term credit facilities
- Single bank revolving and term credit facilities
- Mezzanine and subordinated debt facilities
- Entity formation and governance agreements
- Intercreditor arrangements in financing and hedging facilities
Ephraim was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for banking and finance law since 2015 and Texas Rising Stars from 2005-2007.
- Representation of buyers, sellers, commercial lenders (both national and foreign) and mezzanine lenders in oil and gas producer financings secured by producing oil and gas properties and pipeline infrastructures and other midstream projects.
- Representation of oil and gas producing companies in the acquisition and divestiture of onshore and offshore producing oil and gas properties.
- Litigation support in royalty disputes involving Relinquishment Act Leases and Bankruptcy matters.
- Other transactions and matters include preparation negotiation of: pipeline easements, access agreements, operating agreements, abandonment fund agreements, gas purchase agreements, farmout agreements and consulting agreements.
- Representation of commercial banks in connection with production-based financings, including syndicated financings.
- Representation of independent producer in acquisition of start up financing.
- Representation of a sand and gravel producer in negotiation and documentation of long-term sand and gravel leases.
- Representation of commercial banks in connection with asset secured transactions including companies involved in real estate development, commercial and municipal water well drilling operations and barge transportation.
- Representation of energy-related companies in the formation of special purpose entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Representation of lenders in project financing matters.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Mexican American Bar Association (Houston)
- Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- "Royale Energy Finalizes Matrix Merger," Globe Newswire (03/08/18)
- "Royale Energy Signs Letter of Intent to Merge With Matrix Oil Corp.," Financial Buzz (07/25/16)
- "Redeterminations could spur divestitures, unlikely catalyst for big oil M&A," Mergermarket (03/23/15)
- "Minority Powerbrokers Q&A: Porter Hedges' Ephraim del Pozo," Law360 (01/09/15)
- "American Energy Pays $251M For Okla. Shale Stakes," Law360 (11/13/14)
- "American Energy Partners completes acquisitions," The Journal Record (11/12/14)
- American Energy - NonOp, LLC Acquires Resource Plays in Southern and Central Oklahoma (11/12/14)
- "Energy GCs: More M&A, JVs, IPOs Expected in 2014," The Texas Lawbook (01/23/14)