M. Shane Johnson
B.J., with high honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 2009
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2012
United States District Court for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Shane Johnson’s experience includes advising a wide variety of stakeholders in both in-court and out-of-court restructuring and insolvency matters, including DIP lenders, official committees of unsecured creditors, and other creditors across many distinct sectors, such as energy, finance, and media. Shane also focuses on keeping clients up to date on a variety of pertinent legal developments, with tailored thought leadership addressing their key concerns.
Prior to joining Porter Hedges, Shane worked at an international law firm and clerked for the Honorable Allan L. Gropper, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, and the Honorable H. Christopher Mott, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas.
- Representation of Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors of Abengoa Bioenergy US Holding, LLC and Abeinsa Holding Inc.
- Representation of second largest single creditor in Seadrill Limited’s bankruptcy case with $1 billion claim.
- Representation of electricity supply company in Linn Energy bankruptcy case.
- Representation of DIP lender in Juniper GTL bankruptcy case.
- Representation of Indenture Trustee of Puerto Rico bonds as part of the Commonwealth's restructuring.
- Representation of Foreign Representative of Chinese solar company in chapter 15 proceeding.
- Representation of French film distribution company in Relativity Media's bankruptcy case.
- Representation of investment management and advisory services company in Petters' bankruptcy case.
- Representation of contract counterparty in Caesars bankruptcy case.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association