Michael T. "Mike" Larkin
J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law, 1991
M.B.A., Texas Christian University, 1987
B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1985
Mike Larkin is a partner in the corporate practice of Porter Hedges. He practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of securities, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and corporate and securities law matters.
Mike represents companies in the oil and gas, health care, telecommunications, technology, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and professional services industries. He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented NYSE.MKT issuer in underwritten offerings of preferred stock, including subsequent ATM offerings;
- Represented underwriters in numerous PIPE transactions and underwritten offerings involving Nasdaq and NYSE companies;
- Served as counsel to Nasdaq listed energy services company in underwritten follow on offering of common stock resulting in gross proceeds of over $30 million;
- Served as counsel for NYSE listed energy company in numerous underwritten public offerings (both debt and common stock) and 144A offering of convertible preferred stock, resulting in gross proceeds of over $900 million;
- Represented NYSE listed exploration and production company in 144A transaction involving issuance of debt securities, having transaction value in excess of $450 million;
- Represented NYSE listed exploration and production company in its initial public offering and numerous registered follow on offerings;
- Represented publicly traded telecommunications company in issuance of convertible preferred stock, common stock, and debt in numerous PIPE offerings resulting in gross proceeds of over $100 million;
- Represented numerous public and privately held issuers in private placements of debt and equity securities.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented online continuing education provider for emergency medical services and firefighting professionals in its sale to the portfolio company of a private equity firm;
- Represented of privately held consumer products company in leveraged recapitalization and sale transaction with private equity buyer;
- Represented NYSE listed energy company in connection with numerous sales of subsidiaries and divisions resulting in gross proceeds of over $250 million;
- Represented NYSE listed company in two-step tender offer and merger with aggregate transaction value of over $3 billion;
- Represented NYSE listed energy services company in connection with acquisition of division of publicly traded energy company having transaction value of over $50 million;
- Represented NYSE listed company in connection with numerous add-on acquisitions with individual transaction values in excess of $10 million;
- Represented privately held brokerage and investment advisor in connection with merger into Nasdaq listed company, having aggregate transaction value of approximately $30 million;
- Represented publicly traded foreign company in acquisition of refinery and related assets having transaction value in excess of $200 million;
- Represented publicly traded Canadian drilling contractor in acquisition of division of US based drilling contractor with transaction value in excess of $550 million;
- Represented NYSE listed exploration and production company in connection with acquisition of offshore oil and gas division, having transaction value in excess of $250 million;
- Represented numerous privately held purchasers and sellers in stock and asset acquisitions, leveraged recapitalization transactions, and purchases and sales of subsidiaries and divisions.
- Represented natural gas pipeline company in connection with securities and general corporate matters, including listing and securities law compliance, disclosure matters and numerous merger and acquisition transactions;
- Served as outside general counsel to numerous publicly traded and privately held companies in oil and gas exploration and production, pipeline, and oil field service industries;
- Handled all aspects of SEC reporting, corporate governance matters, and general securities law representation for various publicly traded companies engaged in cross section of industries, including telecommunications, technology, oil and gas exploration and production, oil and gas pipelines and oil field services.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Association for Corporate Growth, Member
- Greater Houston Partnership, Member