Neil Kenton "Ken" Alexander
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1978
B.A., magna cum laude, Rice University, 1975
United States Supreme Court
United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
Ken Alexander is a partner in the litigation practice group of Porter Hedges. He has over thirty years of experience representing publicly-held corporations, private companies, and individuals in complex federal and state court litigation, arbitrations, antitrust and competition law compliance, merger negotiations, pre-merger notification, and government investigations. He has extensive experience in:
- Chemical and petrochemical industry, construction industry, environmental, and real estate litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Insurance coverage for directors and officers and environmental claims
- Strategies for efficient representation in multiparty litigation
- Directors' and officers' liability
- Antitrust and competition law compliance, and design of effective compliance programs
Ken joined Porter Hedges in 1993. From 1978 to 1993, he practiced at Baker Botts, L.L.P.
- Lead trial counsel for KBR in CERCLA and fraud litigation over pipeline spill.
- Lead trial counsel for Prospect Capital in defense of lender liability fraud claim.
- Lead trial counsel for Formosa Plastics in litigation over construction of multi-billion dollar chemical plant.
- Lead trial counsel for ICO, Inc., in environmental insurance coverage dispute with AIG Insurance.
- Lead trial counsel in trade secrets litigation over use of engineering drawings
- Lead counsel on behalf of insureds in disputes with insurers over directors' and officers' coverage.
- Lead counsel in complex construction contract and interpleader action involving over 40 claimants to retainage funds of $2 million, successfully negotiating settlement with all parties.
- Lead trial counsel for environmental services firm in multiparty lawsuit seeking $200 million recovery of Superfund site cleanup costs.
- Lead trial counsel for a target defendant in antitrust lawsuit alleging conspiracy and monopolization in credit reporting industry.
- Lead counsel in numerous pre-merger investigations by the Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission in a wide variety of industries, including plastics, milk, gas pipeline, oil services, and credit reporting industries.
- Lead trial counsel for NKK Corporation in arbitration over construction of offshore ore transfer station off coast of Venezuela.
- Lead trial counsel for publicly held corporation in fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract claims against former CEO and CFO of the corporation.
- Lead trial counsel defending former shareholder against $100 million fraud and breach of contract lawsuit brought by First Data Corporation which had purchased and later written off the acquired company.
- Lead trial counsel for private company in arbitration of dispute with software development firm.
- Lead trial counsel for advanced technology environmental services firm in antitrust litigation brought by a competitor.
- Lead trial counsel in defense of large national bank in litigation with former borrowers.
- Lead trial counsel in litigation between civil engineering firm and the City of Houston.
- Lead trial counsel representing real estate development and management company in breach of contract and fraud litigation over developments and leases.
- Lead counsel for defendant in multiparty litigation alleging antitrust violations in laboratory equipment industry.
- Lead trial counsel for TEPPCO in tax indemnity litigation with ConocoPhillips and BP.
- Lead trial counsel for publicly-held corporation in fraud litigation over purchase of gas processing plant.
- Lead trial counsel for former officers and directors of publicly-held corporation against breach of fiduciary duty litigation brought by shareholders.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Attorney
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association Antitrust Section, Chairman
- American Bar Association, Member
- Houston Bar Association Antitrust, Construction, and Litigation Sections, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 55 Houston, Scoutmaster
- Palmer Memorial Episcopal, Chancellor