W. David Tidholm
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1978
B.A., University of Oklahoma, 1975
David Tidholm is senior counsel in the real estate section of Porter Hedges. He has a broad based counseling and commercial transactions practice focusing on the commodity and specialty chemical manufacturing and real estate industries. His chemical industry practice is based on extensive experience in acquisitions, joint ventures, construction of facilities, environmental matters, financing, licensing, purchasing and sales.
David's real estate practice currently consists of representing clients in the acquisition, development and sale of residential, commercial and industrial real estate. His real estate practice includes experience in partnerships, development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, financing and leasing matters. In the past, he has had a significant commercial real estate lending practice, and still maintains a limited practice in that area.
David has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America in Real Estate Law since 2007.
- Represented a Japanese chemical manufacturer in the acquisition of chemical production assets in The Netherlands.
- Represented a Japanese chemical manufacturer in the acquisition of chemical production assets in Germany.
- Represented a domestic chemical manufacturer in the permitting, development and construction of two grassroots chemical production facilities in Louisiana.
- Represented the developer in the redevelopment of certain historic structures on the Fort Sam Houston Army base in San Antonio, Texas.
- Represented the acquiror of a former steel production facility on the Houston Ship Channel, Houston, Texas.
- Represented the owner of a 12,000 acre industrial development in Harris and Chambers Counties, Texas.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Attorney
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member