HR/Recruiting Coordinator (Houston)
Porter Hedges is seeking an HR/Recruiting Coordinator to support the Director of Human Resources and the Attorney Recruitment & Development Manager. A successful candidate for this position must have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of day-to-day support functions to both HR and Recruiting departments.
- Supports lateral attorney recruiting by scheduling interviews and soliciting feedback on candidates using an applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Enters new candidates into ATS and ensures the system is consistently up to date.
- Involved in all aspects of the firm’s Summer Associate Program, including:
- Recruiting students during OCI and callbacks.
- Planning, executing, and attending social events (1-2 each week for 10 weeks).
- Scheduling lunches with students and attorneys.
- Advising the group of students to ensure they have a successful summer.
- Designs and assists with the production of materials and communication pieces for the Summer Associate Program, internal events, and any other project that may require some light graphic design.
- Enhances employee engagement through a variety of programming – virtual photo contests, step challenges, firm-wide lunches, firm-wide happy hours, and virtual webinars.
- Drafts and sends out quarterly, internal newsletters focused on Porter Hedges’ wellness initiative.
- Facilitates on-boarding for all new employees by communicating information and necessary forms, creating first day orientation schedules, and greeting new employees on their first day.
- Manages the distribution of anniversary gifts and yearly presentation of recognized employees.
- Updates HR and Recruiting content on internal website as needed.
- Responsible for data and budget entry.
- Prepares and submits expense reports each month.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree is required.
- Possesses at least two years of relevant work experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Requires accurate typing skills, good grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proofreading skills.
- Working knowledge of word processing techniques, technology in an electronic network systems environment, Microsoft Office Suite, and PDF software (ability to manipulate and edit PDFs using Acrobat, Nuance, etc.) is preferred.
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented with outstanding organizational skills.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and provide support when needed.
- This position requires a positive, high energy level with overtime flexibility during the busy seasons.
- Eligible for hybrid work schedule after working at the firm for 90 days (3 days in office, 2 days WFH).
- Robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability group insurance.
- Option to participate in the firm’s 401(k)/discretionary profit sharing program.
- Central downtown location and choice of firm-paid garage parking or firm-paid monthly METRO bus pass.
- Access to the building’s gym at no additional cost.
- Access to the building’s amenity floor that includes virtual Topgolf, shuffleboard, pool table, etc.
About Porter Hedges LLP
Founded in 1981, Porter Hedges is a full-service Houston-based law firm with an office in Oklahoma City. Our team includes business and trial lawyers experienced in a wide range of legal services across a broad spectrum of industries with preeminence in the energy industry. We are known for handling sophisticated transactions and complex litigation on behalf of a diverse group of clients in established and growing industries. We represent public and private companies and are recognized for both the depth of our experience and the ability to meet our clients’ business objectives. Our team has particular experience in energy transactions, corporate M&A, commercial litigation, bankruptcy, commercial lending and finance, real estate, and construction law.
To be considered for current or future openings, please send your resume via fax or e-mail to:
Lisa K. Barrow
Director of Human Resources
1000 Main Street, 36th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002