Porter Hedges is seeking a Receptionist to greet our clients and guests in our Houston office and answer and direct all incoming telephone calls. A successful candidate for this position must possess a can-do attitude, the ability to work well under pressure, and maintain a positive demeanor at all times. Full-time or part-time scheduling is available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets visitors upon arrival and announces guests to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and transfers calls within the Firm.
- Serves as the single point of contact for all calls acting as the information “hub” of the office knowing where to transfer calls and what departments/employees can help callers.
- Answers vendor inquiries and directs them to the appropriate contacts and location.
- Reserves meeting space using conference center software, noting all details including technology, A/V, catering, supplies, and other needs.
- Arranges for catering needs by acting as a liaison between the Conference Center Supervisor and the person making the reservation to ensure proper food order, delivery time, and charges. Informs requesters on meal, snack, and beverage service offerings.
- Handles parking validations for guests parking the firm’s building.
- Maintains order of reception lobby and receptionist desk gathering any newspapers and packages left from the previous day.
- Performs other tasks and duties requested by other Firm personnel.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Possesses at least two years of receptionist or administrative experience in a hospitality environment.
- Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and is customer service driven.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in the use of software, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- This position requires a positive, high energy level with overtime flexibility.
About Porter Hedges LLP
Founded in 1981, Porter Hedges is a full-service Houston-based law firm with an office in Oklahoma City. Our team includes business and trial lawyers experienced in a wide range of legal services across a broad spectrum of industries with preeminence in the energy industry. We are known for handling sophisticated transactions and complex litigation on behalf of a diverse group of clients in established and growing industries. We represent public and private companies and are recognized for both the depth of our experience and the ability to meet our clients’ business objectives. Our team has particular experience in energy transactions, corporate M&A, commercial litigation, bankruptcy, commercial lending and finance, real estate, and construction law.
To be considered for current or future openings, please send your resume via fax or e-mail to:
Lisa K. Barrow
Director of Human Resources
1000 Main Street, 36th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002