Porter Hedges LLP is currently seeking an Events Coordinator to support the Marketing and Business Development Team. This position is responsible for the planning, organizing, and execution of client-facing firm programs and internal events. Candidate must be self-motivated and detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills. This position requires a high energy level and overtime flexibility.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Planning and oversight of a wide-range of firm-hosted events, including external client-facing programs (e.g., CLEs, networking receptions, sponsorships, sporting events, conferences, trade shows) and internal events (e.g., partner retreat).
- Works with attorneys and related staff to identify and develop event objectives, including, budget management, target audience, topics, speakers, and format.
- Plans and coordinates the Firm’s Partner Retreat.
- Conducts event site selection and reviews contracts, as well as contract for space, food, audiovisual needs, and any other related elements of events.
- Provides pre- and on-site event management, including production of handout and presentation of materials, nametags, signage, gifts, etc.
- Creates and edits event lists in CRM; manages invitations, materials and signage.
- Tracks program follow-up, including post-event reporting to stakeholders.
- Maintains project timelines and status reports; provides regular updates to stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College graduate or degree candidate strongly preferred;
- 3-4 years of marketing event experience (in a professional services firm preferred);
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong work ethic and service orientation;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous responsibilities;
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently, with all levels of Firm personnel, clients, and vendors to complete tasks under time pressure;
- Poise, tact, and professionalism when interacting with internal and external stakeholders;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, social media tools, InterAction or another CRM, Vuture or another eMarketing tool is a plus.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Porter Hedges LLP guarantees equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.