Business and Data Analyst
Porter Hedges LLP is currently seeking Business & Data Analyst in Houston to work as part of a broader business development initiative by providing in-depth research and analysis of companies, industries, sectors, practice areas, geographic markets, technologies and competitors. The Analyst will develop actionable intelligence to aid in strategic decision-making and drive business development, client expansion and retention, and other business opportunities. The ideal candidate must be able to write well and have strong analytical and project management skills and must be able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines. The Analyst will have access to internal resources and online research tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop a structured internal business development program to research, track and support new and existing prospect development.
- Act as a liaison for the Business Development Committee to work with practice group leaders and individual attorneys to provide in-depth research on competitors, clients, prospects, markets, and industries to support firm-wide marketing and business development initiatives.
- Analyze data to leverage existing clients and contacts with a view to creating new opportunities and deepening existing relationships.
- Analyze internal business intelligence on clients, matters, and industries served to uncover trends and identify opportunities.
- Leverage internal and external data to identify opportunities for business expansion.
- Synthesize relevant information needed for business development decision-making and to succinctly communicate research findings in a clear and concise manner, with an emphasis on written communication.
- Oversee our CRM client contact database (InterAction) and ensure that marketing technology tools are aligned.
- Support CRM marketing strategies, train and encourage CRM adoption and usage.
- Manage personnel and other firm resources to facilitate the use if CRM and to organize data.
- Strong organizational, analytical and research skills, experience working in complex databases and advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Existing proficiency with, or the ability to quickly develop proficiency with, experience with corporate databases such as ALM Legal Compass, S&P Capital IQ, D&B, Pitchbook, Lex Machina, Monitor Suite and other new information resources.
- Law firm or professional services firm experience is preferred.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and build relationships with clients, lawyers, internal departments and vendors, while respecting confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while maintaining high standards for research quality.
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Porter Hedges guarantees equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.