Business Development Manager
Porter Hedges is currently seeking a Business Development Manager in its Houston office. Reporting to the Chief Business Development and Marketing Officer, this position will be essential to the execution of the firm’s strategic business development plan. The ideal candidate should embrace both strategic and task-based responsibilities that offer opportunities for ongoing professional development.
The person in this role is expected to work proactively with both attorneys and administrative staff, including the Marketing and Business Development team, to develop and support targeted initiatives that help drive new business from both existing clients and prospects.
- Coordinate and develop customized responses to pitches and RFPs/RFIs and other marketing collateral for new business opportunities and client meetings;
- Project manage directly listing and rankings process including drafting content;
- Manage practice group business development plans, driving activity and follow-up;
- Track, analyze and evaluate business development initiatives across the firm and recommend strategies to increase overall effectiveness;
- Collect and organize lists of clients, representative matters, and representative experience for use on the firm’s website, rankings submissions, and in other marketing materials;
- Collaborate with the knowledge management department to research and analyze clients, prospects and competitors to determine outreach strategy;
- Monitor industry organizations for upcoming events, identifying potential speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- Represent the firm in the planning, execution, and participation in industry events;
- Provide back-up as needed to fellow members of the Business Development and Marketing team;
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- 5-7 years business development experience with project management experience in a professional services firm;
- A Bachelor's Degree is required; JD/MBA a plus;
- Superior written and verbal communication, as well as excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, provide superior internal client service, and be comfortable delivering under pressure in a team focused environment with limited administrative support;
- Intellectual curiosity about both the energy industry and Texas/Oklahoma legal markets.
- Attend and report on department activity at regular firm meetings;
About Porter Hedges LLP
Founded in 1981, Porter Hedges is a full-service Houston-based law firm with an office in Oklahoma City. Our team includes business and trial lawyers experienced in a wide range of legal services across a broad spectrum of industries with preeminence in the energy industry. We are known for handling sophisticated transactions and complex litigation on behalf of a diverse group of clients in established and growing industries. We represent public and private companies and are recognized for both the depth of our experience and the ability to meet our clients’ business objectives. Our team has particular experience in energy transactions, corporate M&A, commercial litigation, bankruptcy, commercial lending and finance, real estate, and construction law.
To be considered, please send your resume via e-mail or fax to:
Lisa K. Barrow
Human Resources Manager
1000 Main Street, 36th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002