- Posts by Derek V. ForinashPartner
Derek Forinash works with technology-driven businesses to protect and monetize intellectual property assets in order to fuel growth. In addition to helping his clients develop and execute their IP strategy, Derek assists clients ...
The now ten year-old law that created the Inter Partes Review (“IPR”) system gave the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (“PTO”) the discretion to deny institution of an IPR when there was not a “reasonable likelihood that the petitioner would prevail with respect to at least 1 of the claims challenged in the ...More
- Short Order, Big Change Brought to Patent Docket of Western District of Texas
- NFTs: The Future of Managing Patent Assets?
- There Won’t Always Be a Stark in Delaware
- Significant Current Issues in Patent Litigation: What to Watch in 2022
- How the Shift to a Permanent Remote Workforce Can Impact Venue for Patent Infringement Lawsuits
- What’s Really Going on with Fintiv at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board?
- United States v. Arthrex: Power given to PTAB Patent Judges “Incompatible” with their Appointment
- Anticipating President Biden’s Intellectual Property Policy in an Historical Context
- Patent and Trade Secret Protection of Inventions: 5 Things to Remember on the 5th Anniversary of the Defend Trade Secrets Act
- To Stay or Not to Stay: the Impact of IPRs on Patent Litigation