- Posts by Erin C. VillaseñorOf Counsel
Erin Villaseñor represents clients in all aspects of commercial and intellectual property litigation. She has extensive experience in patent, copyright, and trade secret cases and matters involving complex technologies ...
Just five years ago, on May 11, 2016, President Obama signed the Defend Trade Secrets Act (the “DTSA”). This important legislation created a new, federal civil cause of action for trade secret misappropriation. The DTSA came on the heels of the 2011 America Invents Act (the “AIA”)—the most significant ...More
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a catalyst for medical technology innovation, especially the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT). IoMT generally refers to the use of network and cloud technologies to connect medical equipment and devices with healthcare information technology systems. With IoMT technology ...More
- United States v. Arthrex: Power given to PTAB Patent Judges “Incompatible” with their Appointment
- Anticipating President Biden’s Intellectual Property Policy in an Historical Context
- Patent and Trade Secret Protection of Inventions: 5 Things to Remember on the 5th Anniversary of the Defend Trade Secrets Act
- To Stay or Not to Stay: the Impact of IPRs on Patent Litigation
- What is in the Water in Waco? A Lot of Patents!
- Patent Litigation Considerations for the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) COVID-19 Boom
- Famous Black Inventors
- Seemingly Simple Things that Are Often Done Wrong: Patent Assignments and the German Act on Employee Inventions
- Patent Litigation in the Southern District of Texas is on the Rise