Over the course of the past year, many trial attorneys in state and federal courts have seen cases effectively stayed by COVID-related delays. COVID hampered in-person discovery and caused courts to re-set jury trial dates. Such disruptions in the timelines of cases are not new to patent litigators, however. Even ...More
The COVID-19 pandemic has been a catalyst for medical technology innovation, especially the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT). IoMT generally refers to the use of network and cloud technologies to connect medical equipment and devices with healthcare information technology systems. With IoMT technology ...More
In recognition of Black History Month, we wanted to recognize some inventors whose innovations set the foundation for safer lives and enhanced computer technology ... More
The vast majority of patent litigation involves a patent or a patent portfolio that has been assigned at least once during its life. Yet seemingly simple and ubiquitous patent assignment documents are blundered by even experienced counsel. Failed patent assignments present a conspicuous procedural trap for ...More
There can be no dispute that Texas federal district courts are a favored venue for patent litigants. In 2020, approximately 4,000 patent cases were filed in district courts throughout the country. Of those cases, more than one-third were filed in the four Texas federal districts: the Eastern, Western, Northern ...More
- Is More Big Change Afoot in the Western District of Texas’ Patent Docket?
- Short Order, Big Change Brought to Patent Docket of Western District of Texas
- NFTs: The Future of Managing Patent Assets?
- There Won’t Always Be a Stark in Delaware
- Significant Current Issues in Patent Litigation: What to Watch in 2022
- How the Shift to a Permanent Remote Workforce Can Impact Venue for Patent Infringement Lawsuits
- What’s Really Going on with Fintiv at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board?
- United States v. Arthrex: Power given to PTAB Patent Judges “Incompatible” with their Appointment
- Anticipating President Biden’s Intellectual Property Policy in an Historical Context
- Patent and Trade Secret Protection of Inventions: 5 Things to Remember on the 5th Anniversary of the Defend Trade Secrets Act