Ali Henderson represents clients in all types of complex business and commercial litigation, including cases involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and intellectual property and trade secrets. Ali’s practice is focused on protecting and promoting her clients’ business interests in a strategic and cost-effective manner.
Before entering law school, Ali served as policy advisor and communications director to Former Chairman Robert F. Powelson of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (who subsequently served on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), where she was intimately involved with the regulatory oversight of the deregulation of electricity and the development of the Marcellus Shale. While in law school, Ali clerked for the Honorable Kem Thompson Frost of the Fourteenth Court of Appeals.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation and Litigation, 2021
Texas Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2019-2020
J.D., South Texas College of Law, magna cum laude, 2013
Order of the Lytae
South Texas College of Law Board of Advocates, Chair
South Texas Law Review, Assistant Articles Editor
Dean’s Honor List
CALI Awards for highest grades in Research & Writing and Texas Pretrial Procedure
B.A., Harvard University, 2008
Texas (State, Southern District and Northern District)
Ali Henderson’s representations have included the following:
- Owner in dispute relating to over $12 million in design errors stemming from LPG and crude tank design and construction.
- Former officers and directors of a public refining and petrochemical company in dispute involving bankruptcy-related claims for fraudulent transfer and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Professional athlete in dispute involving breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and fraud claims.
- Oilfield services company in defense of breach of contract and breach of covenant claims arising from corporate transaction.
- Oil and gas equipment company in dispute involving misappropriated trade secrets, employment issues, and breach of contract.
- Oil and gas transportation company in breach of contract dispute.
- Trustee in fiduciary duty disputes.
- Firm News, 03.23.2021
- Firm News, 11.18.2020
- Recognition, 08.19.2020
- Recognition, 03.06.2020
- Recognition, 03.04.2019
- Media Mention, 03.18.2021
- Media Mention, 11.26.2020
- Media Mention, 11.24.2020
- "$143 million wrongful termination win comes too late for Downhole Technology founder," Houston ChronicleMedia Mention, 11.24.2020
- Media Mention, 11.23.2020
- "Best Practices to Conduct a Trade Secret Theft Investigation," Porter Hedges Intellectual Property CLESpeaking Engagement, 10.13.2020
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member