Brett Chalke’s practice is focused on energy and business litigation.
J.D., Tulane University Law School, magna cum laude, 2011
Order of the Coif
B.A., Tulane University, cum laude, 2008
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
Brett representations have included the following:
- Midstream pipeline company defending tortuous interference claims brought by an owner of a gas processing facility.
- Global Fortune 10 oil company in several mass toxic tort suits with more than 10,000 plaintiffs involving naturally occurring radioactive material.
- Oil and gas company in breach of contract and negligence claims against directional drilling company for defective well work.
- Large high-rise condominium association in a construction defect case against the general contractor and its subcontractors.
- Global Fortune 10 oil company in suits involving offshore oil and gas production and related contractual disputes.
- Mexican offshore energy company regarding a rig collision and subsequent United States Fifth Circuit appeal involving forum non conveniens dismissal.
- Marine services client in a suit involving a collision with an oil well that resulted in both property damage and pollution claims.
- Several clients regarding litigation involving breach of employment, non-solicitation, and non-compete agreements.
- Offshore drilling company as outside general counsel in matters of employment, contract procurement, and commercial disputes.
- Marine insurance underwriters in a suit involving a maritime accident in the Philippines which resulted in over 4,000 deaths.
Houston Bar Association, Member