Diego García Mirón represents public and private companies in various matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, private equity transactions, corporate governance, SEC compliance, and other general corporate matters.
LL.M, University of Pennsylvania School of Law, 2019
Wharton Business and Law Certificate, Wharton Business School, 2019
Diploma in Corporate Law, Insitiuto Technológico Autónomo De México (ITAM), 2017
J.D. Equivalent, Universidad Anáhuac México, 2015
Energy and Project Finance
- Counseled for tender participation process of the winning consortium integrated by Statoil ASA, British Petroleum (BP) and Total, S.A. for exploration and extraction of crude oil in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Lead associate for the prequalification process and filing of economic proposal in bid processes issued by the Mexican National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH).
- Advised Mexico’s national oil company for the drafting and execution of the first joint operation agreement in the country’s history.
- Drafted and negotiated on the execution of lease agreements with Pemex for perforation rigs. Review of the corresponding guaranties for a total amount of USD $1.3 billion.
- Advised deepwater drilling contractor on the execution of a USD $750 million Senior Secured Syndicated Credit Facility Agreement.
- Assisted in the negotiation and drafting of the Power Purchase Agreement with Iberdrola Generación México (Grupo Iberdrola).
- Advised a joint venture formed for the participation in the first long-term auction for electricity generation. Prepared and negotiated the joint venture agreement between consortium members.
- Counseled multinational consumer goods company during the negotiation and sale of a generation plant, including the terms of repurchase.
- Counseled international paper company during the merger of 15 affiliate companies in Mexico for a total estimate amount of USD $2.1 billion. Migration of a U.S. company to Mexico.
Aviation and Finance
- Counseled national airline regarding the leasing and arrival into Mexico of ten aircraft Boeing 787 Dreamliner, including the Presidential Aircraft.
- Advised aviation company regarding aircraft finance and leasing operations of several aircraft to Mexican airlines Volaris and Interjet.
Pro Bono Activity
- CartoCrítica, Investigación, / Gastromotiva. Pro bono counseling for the incorporation and corporate operations. Securing registration as tax authorized beneficiaries.