Jack Byrom’s practice includes a range of complex litigation matters with a focus on construction litigation. His experience covers all facets of construction, from contract execution through delivery and management of post-delivery warranties and also includes project delay and impact claims, claims related to change order disputes, construction defect claims, and breach of warranty.
Jack’s practice includes particular expertise in defending against extra-contractual damages, and some of his legal briefing has been incorporated into judicial opinions that define the black letter Texas law on these issues.
In addition to construction, Jack has experience in arbitration proceedings both in the US and around the world through the American Arbitration Association, the International Chamber of Commerce, the Society of Marine Arbitrators, and JAMS. He also has experience in maritime including both litigation and general advices.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2012
Chief Symposium Editor, The Review of Litigation
B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business, Marketing, 2009
State Bar of Texas, 2012
United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- The Honorable Craig A. Gargotta, United States Bankruptcy Judge United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Media Mention, 08.11.2020
- Media Mention, 08.03.2020
- Publication, 02.04.2020
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 08.26.2020
- Navigating Austin Bridge – New Texas Supreme Court Case Upends Arbitration Framework Against Governmental EntitiesTexas Construction Law Blog, 05.04.2020
- Texas Construction Law Blog, 03.12.2020
State Bar of Texas
Houston Bar Association
Houston Chamber Choir, Musician and Member of Board of Directors
UT School of Law, Attorney Mentor
Texas Exes, Life Member