Jackie Moy’s practice focuses on midstream, downstream, and marketing transactional work for oil, gas, NGL and petroleum product commercial deals and infrastructure projects, both onshore and offshore. With experience as both outside and in-house counsel, Jackie advises clients on a wide range of strategic transactions, project work, and regulatory matters of all sizes, including:
- Oil, gas, and NGL gathering, processing, fractionation, stabilization, and purchase and sale transactions, NAESB contracts, raw product purchase and sale agreements, spec product purchase and sale agreements, and exchange agreements
- Natural gas storage and hub service contracts, liquid product storage agreements, and terminal use agreements
- Connection agreements, EPC contracts, and engineering and consulting agreements
- Pipelay contracts and pipe manufacturing and supply contracts
- Joint venture construction and operating agreements
- FERC gas tariffs and statements of operating conditions, FERC and Texas RRC oil tariffs, and open season processes
- Master service agreements and equipment rental contracts
Jackie's in-house experience includes serving as Senior Counsel at Apache Corporation where she represented oil, gas and NGL midstream and marketing business teams in a variety of deals and regulatory matters, including in joint venture formation and contract negotiations to provide for new oil and gas pipelines, gas processing plants, and other facilities, primarily in the Permian Basin and the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. She was also Senior Legal Counsel at Enbridge Energy Company where she represented commercial, engineering, operations, and procurement business teams in support of onshore and offshore midstream commercial deals and major infrastructure projects.
Jackie is the Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee. Prior to entering the legal profession, she was a practicing CPA, licensed in Texas.
Honors & Recognitions
The Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer in Oil and Gas Transactions
- Energy Transactions
- Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures
- Marketing, Hedging and Derivatives
- Unconventional Resources
- Energy Finance
- Infrastructure Projects
- Project Development
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Midstream Oil and Gas
- Oilfield Services / Drilling
- Oilfield Water Supply and Offtake Infrastructure
- Upstream Oil and Gas
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2001
Houston Law Review, Executive Editor
Houston Business and Tax Law Journal, Articles Editor
Order of the Barons
B.B.A., University of Houston, magna cum laude, Accounting, 1989
- Intern, U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, Honorable Harold R. DeMoss
- Represented large independent terminal owner/operator in negotiation of several terminal connection agreements with various pipeline companies and other terminal operators.
- Represented midstream company as lead counsel in negotiations for contracts to construct, own and operate oil and gas gathering systems to service three separate deepwater Gulf of Mexico fields, with a total project value to client in excess of $600,000,000.
- Represented midstream company as lead counsel in negotiation of $30,000,000 EPC contract for construction of compressor station.
- Represented exploration and production company in negotiations for construction of new oil and gas gathering lines for multiple Gulf of Mexico deepwater development projects, and for downstream transportation, stabilization, and processing contracts, with midstream contracts valued, as to client’s interest, at over $100,000,000 per development project, and total value for each project, as to client’s interest, equal to several hundred million dollars.
- Represented exploration and production company in joint venture with midstream company for the construction, ownership and operation of natural gas processing plant valued at approximately $75,000,000.
- Represented large midstream company in drafting and implementing company-wide standard procurement policies and new standard service contracts.
Midstream and Marketing
- Represented large midstream and downstream infrastructure owner/operator in negotiation of liquids storage contracts, terminal use agreements, raw product purchase contracts, product sales contracts, gas gathering and processing agreements, and various other midstream and downstream contracts.
- Represented global independent E&P company in various oil and gas midstream and marketing matters involving both domestic and international laws.
- Represented large exploration and production company as lead counsel in negotiating suite of contracts (product exchange, fractionation, and product sales contracts) to handle and dispose of NGLs produced at newly-acquired natural gas processing plant.
- Represented exploration and production company as lead counsel in multiple contract negotiations for long-term natural gas gathering, processing and purchase arrangements involving large acreage dedications (including detailed dedication release remedies) in exchange for midstream company commitments to construct and provide firm capacity on new gathering and processing systems.
- Represented midstream company in dedication of its gas processing plant and long-term sale of NGLs in exchange for midstream company commitment to connect and install additional facilities to provide additional take-away capacity.
- Represented midstream company in reviewing, evaluating, and drafting comments for FERC filings in response to various NOPRs.
- Represented midstream company in drafting FERC Gas Tariff for newly acquired facility to include non-industry standard marketing provisions desired by client’s marketing team.
- Represented midstream company in drafting FERC Statements of Operating Conditions for Section 311 facilities to include non-industry standard marketing provisions desired by client’s marketing team.
- Represented midstream company in drafting open season documents and contracts and in management of the open season process.
- Represented exploration and production company in the sale of its interests in two gas processing facilities.
- Represented exploration and production company in the sale of its interests in Gulf of Mexico fields.
- Represented global oil field services company in the purchase of salt water disposal wells in Texas.
- Representation of mezzanine lender in negotiation of $200,000,000 credit facility secured by oil and gas interests.
- Represented lead bank in negotiation of $300,000,000 syndicated credit facility with oil and gas exploration company, secured by oil and gas interests.
- Represented lead bank in negotiation of $150,000,000 syndicated credit facility with oil and gas exploration company, secured by oil and gas interests.
- Represented lender in negotiation of $35,000,000 credit agreement with oil and gas exploration company, secured by oil and gas interests.
- Represented lender in negotiation of $20,000,000 credit agreement with oil and gas exploration company, secured by oil and gas interests.
- Represented lender in negotiation of $50,000,000 credit agreement with oil and gas exploration company, secured by oil and gas interests.
- Recognition, 03.09.2020
- Firm News, 01.28.2020
- Firm News, 08.01.2019
- The Legal 500 Ranks Porter Hedges Among the Leading Firms in the Country for Oil & Gas and ConstructionRecognition, 06.06.2019
- Media Mention, 01.29.2020
- "UH Law Center receives gift from local law firm, renames career services center," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 01.28.2020
- "Construction in the Oil Patch - Navigating Lien and Indemnity Issues," Porter Hedges Energy & Construction Law ProgramSpeaking Engagement, 11.15.2018
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
University of Houston Law Alumni Association, Member
2016 Law Fund Volunteer Award
2015 and 2016 “100% Challenge” Co-Chair
Catholic Charities - Houston Region, Advisory Director