Jack advises clients on insolvency matters, including debtors, DIP lenders, official committees of unsecured creditors, and other creditors across many industries, including energy, healthcare, and finance.
Upon graduating law school, Jack clerked for the Hon. William R. Sawyer in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Alabama.
J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, 2018
B.A., University of Mississippi, magna cum laude, 2015
Not licensed to practice in Texas
North Carolina Pending
United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Alabama
United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Tennessee
United States District Court, Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- Honorable William R. Sawyer, Federal Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Alabama
Commercial Lending and Creditor's Rights
- Advise members and officers of Delaware LLC going through Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Experience with determinations of bankruptcy court adjudicatory authority and its intersection with Article III judicial authority.
- Provide insights on effect of income contingent repayment plans on student loan dischargeability.
- Represent clients' interests in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Assist in gaining temporary restraining order against party infringing on a client's copyrights.
- Assist in discovery dispute where opposing counsel refused to produce relevant information.
- Defend client in a Clean Water Act Citizen Suit and state regulatory suit alleging violations of Federal and Tennessee water quality standards.
Tennessee Bar Association
Nashville Bar Association
Alabama Bar Association
American Bankruptcy Institute