Jonathan Strom is focused primarily on energy transactions, including those involving oil and gas exploration and production, asset acquisitions, asset dispositions, and joint venture agreements.
He has extensive experience negotiating purchase and sale agreements, joint development and participation agreements, joint operating agreements, easements, master service agreements, surface use agreements, gathering agreements, and other energy-related documentation.
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2015
M.B.A., Texas Tech University, 2015
B.B.A., Texas A&M University, Finance, 2012
Jonathan’s representations have included the following:
- An independent exploration and production company in an $85 million acquisition of Haynesville Shale oil and gas properties.
- An independent exploration and production company in a $115 million acquisition of Marcellus Shale oil and gas properties.
- An independent exploration and production company in a $1.265 billion acquisition of Utica Shale oil and gas properties.
- A Canada-based public company in a series of acquisitions of oil and gas assets in the Permian Basin and STACK totaling more than $65 million.
- An independent exploration and production company in a $45 million divestiture of pipeline assets in Oklahoma.
- A midstream gas processor in multiple, long-term, gas and crude gathering and processing agreements with various upstream producers in the Permian Basin totaling more than $350 million.
- A mineral and royalty company in its acquisition of various mineral assets in the Permian Basin.
- A mineral and royalty company in its strategic relationship with an independent oil and gas company to jointly acquire mineral rights in the SCOOP and STACK oil and gas plays of Oklahoma.
- Firm News, 09.04.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Ultra Petroleum in $115M Divestiture of Marcellus Assets to Alta Marcellus DevelopmentFirm News, 12.21.2017
- Firm News, 08.21.2017
- The Rebirth of Heroic Managerialism, 3 BUSN. & BANKRUPTCY L.J. 2 (2016)Publication
- Indemnities in the Master Service Agreement, Co-Author with Gregory C. Cox, 32nd Annual Advanced Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Course, Texas Bar CLE, Houston, Texas (Oct. 2-3, 2014)Publication
- Putting our Trust in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA): How Creating Trusts for Student-Athletes Can Save the NCAA from Itself, 6 EST. PLAN. & COMMUNITY PROP. L.J. 423 (2014)Publication
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member