Joe Laurel represents public and private companies in various matters, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, private equity transactions, corporate governance, SEC compliance, and other general corporate matters.
Joe holds the following financial exam certifications: Series 3, Series 30, Series 31, Series 32, Series 34, and Series 63.
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2018
Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy, Member
B.S., Texas A&M University, magna cum laude, Economics, Minor in Business Administration, 2015
- Law Clerk, United States Senate Judiciary Committee (Senator John Cornyn)
- Law Clerk, the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (Division of Enforcement)
- Law Clerk, the United States Department of Energy (Office of Fossil Energy)
- Law Clerk, the Texas Office of the Attorney General (Opinion Committee)
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in its Pricing of Private Offering of $105 Million of 12.875% Senior Secured Notes Due 2026Firm News, 05.28.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in its Agreements to Exchange $31.7 Million of its 5.00% Convertible Senior Notes Due 2021 for Common Stock and CashFirm News, 05.16.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in Financing its $358 Million Acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co. in WashingtonFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Firm News, 11.15.2018
- Media Mention, 11.15.2018