Mark Jones’ practice is focused primarily on upstream and midstream energy transactions, including those involving oil and gas exploration and production, gathering, storage, transportation, asset acquisitions, asset dispositions, and joint venture agreements.
He has extensive experience negotiating purchase and sale agreements, exchange agreements, joint venture agreements, joint development and participation agreements, farmouts, joint operating agreements, easements, surface use agreements, various water agreements, master service agreements, gathering agreements, and other energy-related documentation.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark practiced in-house for a large independent upstream company.
J.D., South Texas College of Law, cum laude, 2012
B.B.A., Texas Christian University, Marketing, 2007
Mark’s representations have included the following:
- Franco-Nevada in the acquisition of royalty interests from Range Resources in the Marcellus Basin for $300 million.
- Ascent Resources, LLC in acquiring natural gas and oil properties from Hess Corporation and CNX Resources, with an aggregate purchase price in excess of $800 million.
- Large independent in divesting its Uinta Basin Assets for $132 million.
- Upstream oil and gas company in acquiring $600 million in Powder River Basin assets, $100 million in Scoop assets, $92 million in Powder River Basin assets, and numerous other acquisitions.
- Upstream oil and gas company in divesting $200 million of Mississippi Lime assets, $310 million of Anadarko Basin assets, $422 million of Permian Basin assets, $433 million of Permian Basin assets, $525 million of East Texas assets, and numerous other divestitures.