Matt Stirneman’s practice focuses on corporate finance, securities, real estate, and general business matters.
Matt represents commercial banks, financial institutions, borrowers, and others in financing transactions, including asset-based lending transactions, project financings, letters of credit transactions, and syndicated credit facilities. He also has experience in capital market transactions and corporate energy work, including acquisitions, divestitures, and due diligence projects.
J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2011
M.B.A., Texas A&M University, 2010
B.B.A., University of Texas, 2007
Matt’s representations have included the following:
- A commercial bank as administrative agent in a $52,500,000 revolving credit facility and a $10,000,000 term facility to finance the expansion of a large retail chain with locations throughout the United States.
- A regional bank in a $9,900,000 Term Loan to finance the acquisition of multiple convenience stores.
- A national bank in a $6,000,000 Term Loan to finance the acquisition of a golf course.
- A commercial bank in a $37,000,000 revolving credit facility for a leading manufacturer of steel buildings, secured by various properties in Oklahoma, Georgia, Minnesota, Texas, and Louisiana.
- A regional bank as the administrative agent in a $15,000,000 revolving credit facility, $5,000,000 real estate term loan, and an $8,000,000 equipment term loan to finance the acquisition of real property and expansion of a craft whisky distillery.
- A commercial bank in a $40,000,000 revolving credit facility to finance the expansion of a services company specializing in law enforcement canines for private and government clients.
- A regional bank in a $13,500,000 revolving credit facility to finance the expansion of a paper merchant and distributor of paper products.
- A commercial bank in a $27,600,000 term loan secured by a U.S.-flagged offshore supply vessel and certain other assets.
- A privately-held real estate investment, development, and management company in a $225,000,000 revolving credit facility and a $200,000,000 term loan to finance development projects and other general corporate purposes.
- An owner and operator of convenience stores and fuel distribution outlets in a $55,000,000 credit facility for purchasing new units.
- A private equity fund in a senior secured revolving credit facility, term loan, and delayed draw term loan to finance the acquisition of a construction services company.
- A private equity fund in $22,500,000 of senior secured credit facilities for the expansion of a bakery franchise.
- A private investment company with respect to a senior term loan for an independent oil and gas exploration and production company secured by oil and gas properties in the Eagle Ford shale.
- A financial services firm regarding a $150 million senior secured advancing term loan for an independent oil and gas exploration and production company.
- A privately held exploration and production company regarding a $200 million senior secured revolving credit facility with a regional U.S. bank.
- An independent oil and gas exploration and production company regarding a $500 million secured first lien credit facility and a $150 million secured second lien term loan facility with a major U.S. bank.
- An offshore drilling company regarding a revolving credit facility secured by various drilling barges and lease financing agreement for the purchase of additional vessels.
- The corporate trust department of various banks in its capacity as indenture trustee and collateral agent in various capital market transactions.
State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas, and Energy Resources Law Section, Member
Houston Bar Association, Oil, Gas, and Mineral Law Section, Member
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member