Paul Ingram assists clients with a broad range of corporate and transactional matters, including oil and natural gas finance transactions, public and private capital markets transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, derivatives markets, and strategic and operational planning and execution. He also advises clients on corporate governance, periodic reporting requirements, stock exchange rules, and other compliance matters.
Prior to joining Porter Hedges, Paul served in senior legal roles at both American Energy Partners and Chesapeake Energy Corporation in Oklahoma City. His responsibilities included managing legal matters for private equity-funded portfolio companies in the Anadarko Basin, Midland Basin, Utica Shale, and Marcellus Shale, as well as private equity-funded portfolio companies focused primarily on non-op and mineral strategies across the United States. He also led the execution and documentation of debt and equity offerings, acquisitions and divestitures, and advised on investor relations matters.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures
- Energy Finance
- Energy Transactions
- Unconventional Resources
- Private Equity
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance, Compliance & Investigations
- Emerging Companies
- Executive Compensation
- Business Planning and Entity Formation
- Midstream Oil and Gas
- Oilfield Services / Drilling
- Oilfield Water Supply and Offtake Infrastructure
- Upstream Oil and Gas
J.D., University of Oklahoma College of Law, with highest honors, 2008
Order of the Coif
B.B.A., Oklahoma Christian University, General Business, Pre-Law, 2004
Paul’s representations have included the following:
- Multiple private equity-backed companies in establishing and maintaining reserves-based lending facilities.
- Public exploration and production company in establishing and maintaining a $4 billion reserves-based lending facility.
- Public exploration and production company in multiple term loan transactions totaling more than $6 billion.
- Private oilfield services company in establishing and maintaining a $900 million revolving credit facility.
- Multiple private equity-backed companies in private offerings of senior notes.
- Public exploration and production company in multiple senior notes offerings totaling more than $4.5 billion.
- Public exploration and production company in private offerings of preferred shares in subsidiaries.
- Public exploration and production company in a spin-off of oilfield services subsidiary.
- Public exploration and production company in a public offering of common units in a royalty trust.
- Private oilfield services company in $650 million private placement of senior notes.
- Public exploration and production company in cash tender offers for $3 billion in outstanding senior notes.
- Public midstream oil and gas company in multiple 144A private offerings of senior notes totaling more than $1 billion.
- Private equity-backed exploration and production company in an exchange offer for senior notes.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Public exploration and production company in the sale of its investment in a private exploration and production company for $215 million.
- Private equity-backed companies in multiple acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas assets.
- Public exploration and production company in investing in multiple natural gas technology companies.
- Public exploration and production company in a tender offer to acquire a drilling company for more than $300 million.
Private Equity and Joint Ventures
- Private equity-backed company in an equity commitment of $500 million to purchase mineral and overriding royalty interests across the United States.
- Private equity-backed portfolio company in establishing multiple joint ventures with private exploration and production companies to purchase mineral and overriding royalty interests across the United States.
- Public exploration and production company in partnership with a large private equity investor to purchase mineral and overriding royalty interests across the United States.
- Firm News, 09.05.2018