Rikiya “Riki” Thomas represents public and private companies in a wide range of transactions, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, public and private securities offerings and private equity transactions. She has worked with clients in various industries, including but not limited to, energy, technology, manufacturing, and staffing.
Honors & Recognitions
Texas Rising Stars, Securities and Corporate Finance, 2018
Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County, Florida, 2017 Alumnus of the Year
J.D., Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, summa cum laude, Valedictorian, 2008
B.S., Alabama State University, summa cum laude, 2004
- Oilfield services company in acquiring a wireline and equipment rental company.
- Oilfield services company in acquiring an oil well data testing and analysis services company.
- Public seismic company in acquiring an international onshore seismic data services company in a cash and stock transaction.
- Oil and gas “supermajor” company in divesting its downstream businesses in Central America.
- Midstream company in acquiring California-based logistics assets, including a 100 mile-long crude oil pipeline system from its parent company.
- U.S.-based midstream company in disposing of its assets, including over 800 miles of crude oil, natural gas, and water gathering pipelines, to a master limited partnership (MLP).
- Conflicts committee of the general partner of a refining and marketing company in connection with multiple contributions of assets from affiliates of the general partner.
- U.K.-based company in its strategic acquisition of oil and gas properties in Navarro County, Texas.
- Multinational company in its strategic acquisitions of multiple U.S.-based oilfield services and manufacturing companies.
- Florida-based air cargo company in selling its stock as a part of Chapter 11 bankruptcy liquidation.
- Licensed pharmacist in buying out a majority member in connection with a retail pharmacy business.
- Texas-based windows installation company in selling its business to a regional windows installation company.
- Texas-based grocery store chain in selling twenty-six of its store locations throughout Texas.
- France-based company in acquiring a U.S.-based staffing agency.
- Education technology company in the acquiring an online code-based computer science course business.
Private Equity Transactions
- Private equity firm regarding its equity investment in an independent E&P company with oil and gas assets in the Permian Basin.
- Private equity firm regarding a follow-on capital raise for the funding of an oilfield services company.
- California-based alternative energy company in its private offering of Series C preferred stock.
- Cyber security company in its initial private offering of common stock.
- Pharmaceutical company in its private offering of Series A preferred stock.
- Foreign investment company in its equity investment in a U.S.-based technology company.
- Various companies within the energy and technology industries regarding strategic joint venture arrangements.
- Geophysical company (formerly NYSE) in its initial public offering of common stock.
- Several companies in various industries regarding their '34 Act compliance matters.
*The selected list of transactions includes transactions that were completed prior to Riki’s employment with Porter Hedges LLP.
- Firm News, 01.30.2019
- “2018 Trends in Social Media: How to Manage Risks to Your Corporation,” Corporate Counsel Women of Color Conference, SpeakerSpeaking Engagement, 2018
- The Criminalization of Environmental Regulation, ModeratorSpeaking Engagement, 2017
- “Joint Operating Agreements: A Comparative World-Wide Analysis,” In-House Client Presentation, SpeakerSpeaking Engagement, 2016
Leadership Houston, Class XXXVI Alum and Recruiting Committee Member
Valeo Preparatory School, Founding Board Member
Houston Bar Association, Minorities in the Legal Profession Committee Member
The Forge for Families, Mentor/Tutor