- Posts by Amanda J. GarzaAssociate
Amanda Garza’s practice focuses on all types of construction and commercial litigation as well as lien, bond and other construction related claims.
Amanda attended the University of Texas at Austin, where she double majored in ...
Unlike with private commercial projects, liens cannot be filed against public projects in Texas. This means that unpaid subcontractors and suppliers do not have the same protections on public projects as those on private projects. On a private project, a subcontractor or supplier would ordinarily file a lien ...More
Commercial construction contracts between owners and contractors, such as the form AIA Document A201 contract, often include various express warranties whereby the contractor warrants its work on the project to the owner. Among those express warranties are the more common warranties that: (i) the materials and ...More
- Recent Victory for All Texas Landowners Facing Pipeline Condemnation
- Navigating Austin Bridge – New Texas Supreme Court Case Upends Arbitration Framework Against Governmental Entities
- Is the Coronavirus Event a Force Majeure or Changed Condition Event?
- Small Business Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- COVID-19 Made Performance Impossible – Now What?
- A Matter of Trust – Avoiding the Pitfalls of the Texas Construction Trust Fund Act
- Different Types of Construction Work: Chapter 56 vs. Chapter 53 and Why It Matters
- Perfecting Bond Claims on Public Projects in Texas
- Top Five Construction Contract Modifications to Comply with Texas Law
- Part 1: Subcontractor Negotiating Tips for AIA Documents