- Posts by David W. SaltonPartner
David represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and other commercial entities in construction, government contracts, oil and gas, trademark infringement, and other commercial disputes.
David has ...
What should a Subcontractor do when a General Contractor presents, to the Subcontractor, the 401A-2017 Standard Form of Agreement Between Contractor and Subcontractor (“A401”)? While some provisions in the A401 are favorable to the Subcontractor, others are not. This multi-part series explores some of the ...More
Although arbitral institutions like the London Court of International Arbitration and International Chamber of Commerce have historically based arbitration costs on models other than a pure hourly-basis, the American Arbitration Association/International Centre of Dispute Resolution recently ...More
- Navigating Austin Bridge – New Texas Supreme Court Case Upends Arbitration Framework Against Governmental Entities
- Is the Coronavirus Event a Force Majeure or Changed Condition Event?
- Small Business Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- COVID-19 Made Performance Impossible – Now What?
- A Matter of Trust – Avoiding the Pitfalls of the Texas Construction Trust Fund Act
- Different Types of Construction Work: Chapter 56 vs. Chapter 53 and Why It Matters
- Perfecting Bond Claims on Public Projects in Texas
- Top Five Construction Contract Modifications to Comply with Texas Law
- Part 1: Subcontractor Negotiating Tips for AIA Documents
- The Consequences of Betting the Ranch