Ephraim del Pozo’s practice focuses on energy finance and also includes a broad range of corporate transactions, including commercial lending and acquiring and disposing of energy-related assets and companies.
He regularly assists clients with onshore, offshore, upstream and mid-stream operations, including acquisition and divestiture of energy related assets; conventional and mezzanine energy financing and related secured transactions; commercial lending transactions; independent power project financing; project financing; reserve based lending; letter of credit facilities; hedging, derivative, swap and ISDA agreements; financing of mergers and acquisitions; syndicated bank revolving and term credit facilities; single bank revolving and term credit facilities; mezzanine and subordinated debt facilities; entity formation and governance agreements; and intercreditor arrangements in financing and hedging facilities.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law
J.D., South Texas College of Law, magna cum laude, 1997
B.S., University of Houston, summa cum laude, 1993
- Buyers, sellers, commercial lenders (both national and foreign) and mezzanine lenders in oil and gas producer financings secured by producing oil and gas properties, pipeline infrastructures, and other midstream projects.
- Oil and gas producing companies in acquiring and divesting onshore and offshore producing oil and gas properties.
- Litigation support in royalty disputes involving Relinquishment Act leases and bankruptcy matters.
- Negotiating and preparing pipeline easements, access agreements, operating agreements, abandonment fund agreements, gas purchase agreements, farmout agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Commercial banks regarding production-based financings, including syndicated financings.
- Commercial banks regarding asset-secured transactions, including companies involved in real estate development, commercial and municipal water well drilling operations, and barge transportation.
- Energy-related companies in forming special purpose entities, including corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Lenders in project financing matters.
- Independent producer in acquiring start-up financing.
- Sand and gravel producer in negotiating and documenting long-term sand and gravel leases.
- Ephraim del Pozo Receives the Distinguished Member Award from the Mexican American Bar Association of HoustonRecognition, 10.10.2022
- Firm News, 08.18.2022
- Recognition, 08.19.2021
- Firm News, 03.29.2021
- Recognition, 08.19.2020
- Recognition, 08.15.2019
- Firm News, 10.26.2018
- Recognition, 08.15.2018
- Firm News, 03.23.2018
- Firm News, 03.12.2018
- Recognition, 08.15.2017
- Firm News, 11.30.2016
- Recognition, 08.15.2016
- Recognition, 08.17.2015
- Media Mention, 03.08.2018
- "Royale Energy Signs Letter of Intent to Merge With Matrix Oil Corp.," Financial BuzzMedia Mention, 07.25.2016
- Media Mention, 03.23.2015
- Media Mention, 01.09.2015
- Media Mention, 11.13.2014
- Media Mention, 11.12.2014
- Publication, 10.27.2020
- Featured Speaker: "Hispanic Heritage Night," Hispanic Law Students Association at South Texas College of LawSpeaking Engagement, 10.14.2021
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Mexican American Bar Association - Houston, Director (former President)
Hispanic Bar Association, Member (former Director)
South Texas College of Law Houston, Board of Directors