Porter Hedges’s highly regarded intellectual property attorneys complement our proven trial and transactional practices, providing comprehensive expertise in intellectual property matters and hands-on experience in a wide variety of technology areas.
- Patent Litigation. Our intellectual property attorneys include seasoned patent litigators with demonstrated records of success navigating high-stakes patent disputes, both enforcing patent rights and defending against claims of infringement, in all phases of a case through appeal.
- Inter Partes Review Proceedings. Our intellectual property attorneys help companies navigate the complexities of multiple parallel patent challenges, including inter partes review proceedings before the PTAB, representing both petitioners and patent owners, and working closely with our litigation teams.
- Trade Secret Litigation. Our trial attorneys have decades of experience trying a wide range of trade secret cases in both state and federal courts and leverage the technical and forensic expertise of our intellectual property attorneys to deliver impressive wins.
- Brand Enforcement, Trademark Litigation, and Copyright Litigation. Our intellectual property attorneys are experienced with all aspects of brand enforcement, trademark litigation and copyright litigation.
- Patent and Trademark Prosecution. Our intellectual property attorneys and technical agents have extensive experience shepherding patent and trademark applications through prosecution before the Patent and Trademark Office to help companies expand their intellectual property portfolios in meaningful ways.
- Intellectual Property Counseling, Opinions, and Transactions. Our intellectual property attorneys help companies manage their intellectual property portfolios and develop monetization strategies, as well as provide support for transactions involving intellectual property.
Areas Of Concentration
- Porter Hedges Recognized Among the Leading National Law Firms in U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” RankingsRecognition, 11.09.2020
- Recognition, 08.19.2020
- Porter Hedges Advises Century A/C Supply in its Sale of Minority Stake to Rheem Manufacturing CompanyFirm News, 04.15.2020
- Firm News, 03.16.2020
- Miranda Jones Honored for Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement by the American Antitrust InstituteFirm News, 11.21.2019
- Recognition, 08.15.2019
- Firm News, 06.06.2019
- Porter Hedges Grows Litigation and Intellectual Property Practices with New Of Counsel Erin VillaseñorFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Firm News, 10.16.2018
- Firm News, 09.09.2016
- Recognition, 09.08.2015
- Federal Circuit Reverses District Court Damages by $90M+ in Patent Litigation Suit Against ION Geophysical CorporationFirm News, 07.06.2015
- Recognition, 03.01.2015
- Firm News, 01.26.2015
- Media Mention, 09.04.2020
- Media Mention, 07.14.2020
- Media Mention, 06.12.2019
- "Porter Hedges in Houston announced that Miranda Jones joined the firm as a new patent litigation partner," Texas LawyerMedia Mention, 06.10.2019
- Media Mention, 06.07.2019
- Media Mention, 10.24.2018
- Media Mention, 10.19.2018
- Publication, 05.22.2017
- Publication, 06.14.2016
- Publication, 05.26.2016
- Publication, 01.13.2016
- Speaking Engagement, 10.28.2020
- "Not Even Remote Close: Avoiding Pitfalls During Remote Oral Argument at the CAFC," Nancy Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of CourtSpeaking Engagement, 10.2020
- "Intellectual Property Overview and Best Practices," Norwegian American Chamber of CommerceSpeaking Engagement, 09.2020
- "Apportioning Patent Damages for Solution Products," Intellectual Property Owners (IPO), Damages and Injunctions Committee CLE,Speaking Engagement, 03.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 02.06.2020