As advisors on financing, our lawyers negotiate and document a range of transactions, including corporate lending, commercial lending, asset-based lending, reserve-based lending, letters of credit facilities, leasing transactions, structured finance, project finance, DIP financing, real estate finance, mezzanine and other subordinated debt financing, and all other areas of finance transactions. Further, we provide all of the necessary due diligence to evaluate risks and to balance business, operational, and legal needs.
Our attorneys regularly advise clients on routine transactions where controlling costs are essential. We also handle sophisticated financing arrangements, including:
- Complex subordination and inter-creditor issues.
- Business combinations and transactions that require special financing, including joint ventures, product and technology licensing, distributorship arrangements, leveraged leasing, and synthetic leasing.
- All aspects of real estate finance, including traditional mortgages, development and construction loans, and commercial property acquisitions.
Our multidisciplinary approach brings together as needed lawyers in areas such as tax, securities, employee benefits, real estate, environmental, and corporate law. Should workout or restructuring become necessary, our deep litigation and bankruptcy teams have substantial experience representing the needs of both creditors and debtors.
Recent transactions have included representing domestic and international agents/lenders and domestic and international borrowers in industries ranging from oil and gas to utilities, chemicals, vessel maintenance, telecommunications, and convenience stores.
Our Energy Focus
We have advised banks on financing pipelines, offshore production platforms, and oil and gas properties, and have been especially active in advising various foreign and domestic banks as agents in syndicated reserve-based credit facilities. And for industry borrowers our experience encompasses a full range of syndicated and structured financing options for both conventional and renewable/alternative energy projects.
- Represented Amegy Bank in a $65 million credit facility used to finance the acquisition of a restaurant, retail, and hospitality company.
- Represented Amegy Bank in a $29 million acquisition financing of quick service restaurant franchises.
- Represented Amegy Bank in a first lien credit facility to an employee benefits management company which distributes voluntary employee benefits and employee discount programs.
- Represented Amegy Bank in a $26 million construction financing for the development of a transport and logistics facility at the Port of Houston.
Represented Amegy Bank as the administrative agent in $295 million senior credit facilities secured by over 130 convenience stores, the proceeds of which were used to finance the borrower’s acquisition of over 80 convenience stores from ExxonMobil and to refinance other debt of the borrower.
Represented of Bank of America, N.A. as the administrative agent in $145 million senior secured credit facilities to finance a private equity fund’s leveraged acquisition of a chemical manufacturing plant in Ohio.
- Represented DNB Bank ASA in a $90 million bridge financing related to the Borrower’s ownership interest in a port facility being developed in Port Acu, Brazil.
- Represented BBVA Compass Bank in a $275 million senior credit facility to Strike, LLC, a pipeline and facilities solutions provider.
- Represented BBVA Compass Bank in a syndicated credit facility for a portfolio company of KKR involved in the deep discount retail space.
- Represented Well Fargo, N.A. in an asset based $13.5 million financing of Olmsted-Kirk Paper Company, a paper manufacturing and distribution company.
- Represented Mizuho Bank in the negotiation of a fully underwritten commitment for a bridge credit facility to finance a $1.4 billion acquisition.
Represented MHBK (USA) Leasing & Finance, LLC in a $57 million synthetic lease construction financing of a new headquarters building for Bunge North America, Inc.
Represented J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. in a $73.7 million term loan to finance the Borrower’s development of a sulfur recovery plant in Billings, Montana.
Represented Whitney Bank in a $25 million financing of a joint venture to develop convenience stores.
Represented IBERIABANK in $40 million amended and restated credit agreement with revolving line of credit and term loan.
Represented Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., as Administrative Agent, and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, as Sole Lead Arranger and Sole Book Manager, in $90 million revolving credit facility with for a valve distributor.
Represented Macquarie Bank Limited, as Administrative Agent, in a $65 million construction loan facility and $80 million term loan with an industrial customer.
Represented Briar Capital, L.P. in over three dozen asset-based revolving credit and term loan facilities ranging in size from $1 million to $7.2 million (including club deals in which Briar serves as the administrative agent), secured by accounts receivable, inventory, equipment, intellectual property, real estate, or rolling stock.
Represented Mizuho Bank, Ltd. and its leasing affiliate MHCB (USA) Leasing & Finance Corporation, as the administrative agent for a $670 million synthetic lease construction financing for the Houston headquarters of multinational energy company.
- Represented ArcBest Corporation, a leading logistics company, in a $250 million revolving credit facility.
- Represented Neighbors Global Holdings, LLC in a $150 million credit facility, as well as a significant corporate restructuring involving more than 40 urgent care centers.
- Represented Houston Baptist University in a $52.7 million loan agreement with respect to the Red River Education Finance Corporation Higher Education Revenue Refunding Bonds (Houston Baptist University Project Series 2017).
- Represented HIE, LLC (a subsidiary of Par Pacific Holdings, Inc.) in a $35 million credit facility by Bank of Hawaii to finance the acquisition of retail convenience store assets and working capital.
- Represented Apache Industrial Services in a $319 million term loan facility with GSO Capital Partners.
- Represented Apache Industrial Services in a $100 million revolving credit facility with PNC Bank.
- Represented Apache Industrial Services in a $25 million real estate financing with Mutual of Omaha Bank.
- Represented Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. in financing its $358 million acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co., a privately-held downstream business located in Tacoma, Washington.
- Represented Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. in an asset-based secured revolving credit facility with commitments of $75 million in order to provide ongoing working capital and for general corporate purposes.
- Of Counsel
- Of Counsel
- Porter Hedges Recognized Among the Leading National Law Firms in U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” RankingsRecognition, 11.09.2020
- Recognition, 09.08.2020
- Recognition, 08.19.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in its Pricing of Private Offering of $105 Million of 12.875% Senior Secured Notes Due 2026Firm News, 05.28.2020
- Recognition, 04.23.2020
- Porter Hedges Represents Carriage Services in its $75 Million Senior Notes Offering and Amendment to its Credit FacilityFirm News, 12.19.2019
- Firm News, 10.08.2019
- Recognition, 09.03.2019
- Recognition, 08.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Advises Franco-Nevada in the $300M Acquisition of Marcellus Shale Royalty Interests from Range ResourcesFirm News, 07.19.2019
- Recognition, 05.01.2019
- Recognition, 03.04.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in Financing its $358 Million Acquisition of U.S. Oil & Refining Co. in WashingtonFirm News, 01.15.2019
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the Closing of its $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 12.20.2018
- Recognition, 09.07.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific in the $45 Million Acquisition of Select Refining Assets from Island Energy ServicesFirm News, 08.30.2018
- Recognition, 08.21.2018
- Recognition, 08.15.2018
- Firm News, 05.31.2018
- Recognition, 05.04.2018
- Firm News, 03.27.2018
- Recognition, 03.12.2018
- Firm News, 12.21.2017
- Porter Hedges Recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers "Best Law Firm" Rankings Among Leading National FirmsRecognition, 11.01.2017
- Recognition, 09.05.2017
- Recognition, 08.15.2017
- Recognition, 05.26.2017
- Recognition, 04.06.2017
- Recognition, 03.08.2017
- Firm News, 02.01.2017
- Porter Hedges Once Again Recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers "Best Law Firm" Rankings Among Leading National FirmsRecognition, 11.01.2016
- Recognition, 09.06.2016
- Recognition, 08.15.2016
- Firm News, 06.21.2016
- Porter Hedges Represents Par Pacific Holdings in the $271M Proposed Acquisition of Wyoming Refining CompanyFirm News, 06.17.2016
- Recognition, 05.27.2016
- Recognition, 03.04.2016
- Firm News, 01.22.2016
- Porter Hedges Once Again Recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers "Best Law Firm" Rankings Among Leading National FirmsRecognition, 11.02.2015
- Recognition, 09.08.2015
- Porter Hedges Receives American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Award for Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project FinanceRecognition, 07.23.2015
- Firm News, 03.06.2015
- Recognition, 11.05.2014
- Porter Hedges Once Again Recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers "Best Law Firm" Rankings Among Leading National FirmsRecognition, 11.03.2014
- Firm News, 10.22.2014
- Media Mention, 12.04.2018
- "Houston-based oil field services co. completes acquisition of local seismic data co.’s assets," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 07.26.2018
- "Houston-based seismic data co. files for Chapter 11, plans to sell assets to another local co." Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 06.27.2018
- Media Mention, 06.27.2018
- Media Mention, 12.23.2014
- Media Mention, 12.04.2014
- Media Mention, 10.24.2014
- Media Mention, 10.23.2014
- Media Mention, 10.23.2014
- Media Mention, 10.22.2014
- Media Mention, 10.22.2014
- Publication, 10.06.2020