Andy Fertitta’s principal areas of practice are mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, and the formation of new ventures. He represents clients in a diverse array of businesses, including SBIC’s and other mezzanine lenders and private equity funds, health care providers, energy E&P and oilfield services companies, industrial products and equipment manufacturers, conventional and medical waste disposal companies, and data center and co-location facilities.
Andy’s extensive experience has included strategic and financial acquisitions, recapitalizations and exit transactions; senior secured, senior subordinated, mezzanine, and subordinated debt facilities; private equity and venture capital financings; SBIC investments of long-term debt and equity capital in eligible small businesses; formation, structuring, and financing of new ventures and special purpose entities; investments in syndicated credit facilities (including “club deals”) for middle market companies; Inter-creditor and subordination agreements; executive employment and noncompetition agreements; stock option plans and other incentive equity alternatives; and corporate governance and general corporate representation.
Honors & Recognitions
Listed, Texas Rising Stars, Securities and Corporate Finance, 2007-2017
J.D., Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2001
B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with honors, 1998
- Judicial Clerk for the Honorable James J. Brady, U.S. District Judge, Middle District of Louisiana
Andrew Fertitta’s representations have included the following:
- Houston-based publicly traded investment fund in mezzanine lending and private equity investments in portfolio companies across all industries.
- New York-based SBIC in mezzanine lending and private equity investments in portfolio companies across all industries.
- Formation and initial financing of a Houston-based investment fund focused on the oil and gas industry.
- Sale of a controlling interest in a manufacturer of specialty pipe connectors for the energy sector to a private equity firm.
- Sale of a distributor of OCTG goods and services to a publicly held company.
- Sale of a manufacturer of pressure vessels and control valves for the refining and petrochemical industries to a publicly held company.
- Multi-year representation of a private consolidator in the medical waste disposal business in multiple acquisitions, debt and private equity financings, and other general corporate matters, culminating in its sale to a publicly held company in 2009.
- A start-up health-care provider in its initial formation and capitalization and its acquisition and multi-year operation of a short-term acute care facility and several long-term acute care and skilled nursing facilities in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Sale of a conventional waste disposal company to a publicly held company.
- Firm News, 03.04.2016
- Firm News, 11.19.2015
- Firm News, 03.06.2015
State Bar of Texas, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
American Bar Association, Member