Michael Dearman advises clients on insolvency matters, including debtors, DIP lenders, official committees of unsecured creditors, and other creditors across many industries, including energy, finance, and media.
He has additional experience reviewing and drafting master service agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other upstream oil and gas service contracts. He also advises religious entities on general corporate and internal governance matters.
Prior to law school, Michael pursued advanced academic training in medieval scholastic theology and ethics.
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2019
Order of the Barons
Houston Journal of International Law, Chief Notes and Comments Editor
Master of Theological Studies, Duke University Divinity School, summa cum laude, 2016
B.A., Southern Methodist University, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2014
- Intern, United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, Judge Gray H. Miller
- Intern, United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, Judge Lynn N. Hughes
- Media Mention, 08.31.2023
- Firm News, 08.25.2023
- Media Mention, 08.16.2023
- Media Mention, 07.06.2023
- Media Mention, 09.27.2022
- Media Mention, 03.18.2020
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member