Shane Sullivan represents energy clients in upstream and midstream acquisitions and divestitures, private equity investments, joint ventures, and similar strategic transactions.
Drawing on both private practice and in-house experience, he advises clients on a variety of oil and gas matters, including purchase and sale agreements; joint exploration and development agreements; lease acquisition agreements; joint operating agreements; and production sharing agreements. Shane also advises oil and gas companies on day-to-day operational issues and mineral title issues.
Shane is Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Honors & Recognitions
Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization – Oil, Gas and Mineral Law
J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2009
South Texas Law Review
Phi Delta Phi
Oil and Gas Legal Society, Founding Member and Vice President
B.S., University of Houston-Clear Lake, 2005
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Diamondback Energy in its acquisition of QEP Resources in an all-stock transaction.
- Diamondback E&P LLC in its acquisition of all leasehold and related assets of Guidon Operating located in the Permian Basin.
- Rattler Midstream in its acquisition of certain salt-water disposal facilities located in Martin County, Texas.
- Diamondback Energy and Energen Resources Corporation in its acreage trade with Concho Resources and RSP Permian of producing and non-producing assets in the Permian Basin.
- Viper Energy Partners in its acquisition of mineral interests located in the Permian Basin.
- Energen Resources Corporation in two simultaneous divestitures of properties covering over a combined 30 counties in Texas and New Mexico.
- Private E&P company in its acquisition of oil and gas assets, in exchange for a combination of company equity interests and cash. The sign and close transaction was fully negotiated and closed in two weeks and involved complex post-closing adjustments for title and environmental defects and indemnity claims.
- Diamondback E&P LLC in acquisitions of properties totaling more than $3.9 billion and located in Andrews, Dawson, Gaines, Martin, Pecos and Reeves counties, Texas.
- Genesis Energy, LP in its $1.3 billion acquisition from Tronox Limited of two soda ash mines in Wyoming.
- TOTAL E&P USA, INC. in its acquisition from Chevron U.S.A. Inc. of seven prospects located in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
- EOG Resources, Inc. in its $2.4 billion acquisition of oil and gas properties located in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota and Montana.
*The selected list of transactions includes transactions that were completed prior to Shane’s employment with Porter Hedges LLP.
- Media Mention, 09.16.2022