"Recommendations for Enhanced and More Professional Communications Within a Company Agency and Organization," First Thursday Employment CLE Series
Oklahoma in-house counsel are invited to join us for our monthly First Thursday in-person CLE programs on employment law topics.
Key to all aspects and goals of any company, business or agency is effective and positive communications. Corporate and in‑house counsel play a vital role in helping to set the basis and expectations of professionalism in all communications at every level of the organization, and in overseeing the compliance with those expectations and entity policies regarding communications.
The presentation covered:
- The current legal aspects of social media and workplace communications policies for private and public employers;
- The current NLRB guidelines on disciplining employee speech in the workplace;
- Corporate and in-house counsel’s role and options for setting and maintaining standards and polices of effective professional communication in content and manner at all levels of the organization;
- Best practices to address negative or poor examples of organization communication; and
- Avoiding or minimizing legal liability for communication miscues.
This topic follows our ongoing conversation about best practices for communications within the company, agency, or organization. In September we covered the attorney-client privilege and in October we addressed the protection of confidential and private information.