Vic Albert’s practice focuses on all aspects of trial law with particular experience in the areas of labor and employment, insurance defense bad faith, construction law and interstate trucking. He has tried over 70 cases to a jury verdict in state and federal courts in Oklahoma.
In the past twenty-five years he has also developed an employer-based practice advising employers in policy development, training, hiring and firing, and investigation of employee complaints. He represents employers in all aspects of federal and state litigation, as well as administrative investigations including OSHA, Department of Labor and EEOC matters. Vic is the national defense counsel for clients in the healthcare and insurance industries and assists them with matters in the various states in which they have operations.
In his insurance bad faith litigation work, Vic has had success at the summary judgment, offer of judgment, and trial phases of matters for insurance clients. He also provides seminars and training for insurance companies on claims handling and bad faith issues. In his construction litigation defense work, Vic has successfully tried to jury verdicts cases representing companies in that industry.
Vic also has extensive background and experience with interstate trucking cases, and trucking regulatory matters. He regularly advises interstate trucking companies on issues regarding company and driver compliance with safety and operation regulations.
He is a regular feature columnist to the Daily Oklahoman on emerging employment law issues. He speaks at employment and insurance bad faith seminars for clients and civic groups such as the Metro Employers’ Council and the Oklahoma Bar Association.
Honors & Recognitions
Chambers USA, Leading Lawyer in Labor & Employment (Oklahoma)
J.D., Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1986
B.B.A., University of Oklahoma, 1984
- Firm News, 08.17.2023
- Recognition, 06.07.2023
- Recognition, 06.02.2023
- The Houston Business Journal Once Again Names Porter Hedges Among the Largest Labor and Employment Firms in HoustonRecognition, 06.02.2023
- Firm News, 04.12.2023
- "Recommendations for Enhanced and More Professional Communications Within a Company Agency and Organization," First Thursday Employment CLE SeriesSpeaking Engagement, 11.02.2023
- "Avoiding Legal Pitfalls in Protecting Your Organization from Privacy and Confidentiality Claims," First Thursday Employment CLE SeriesSpeaking Engagement, 10.05.2023
- "Attorney-Client Privilege Update for Corporate and In-House Counsel," First Thursday Employment CLE SeriesSpeaking Engagement, 09.07.2023
- "Addressing New NLRB Guidance that Sides with Employees on Severance Agreements, Employee Conduct, and Non-Competes," Porter Hedges Employment CLESpeaking Engagement, 06.29.2023
- Speaking Engagement, 04.04.2023
Oklahoma Bar Association
American Bar Assocation
Oklahoma Business Ethics Consortium, Board Member