David Mann’s practice is focused primarily on upstream and midstream energy transactions, including those involving asset acquisitions, asset dispositions, and joint venture agreements.
He has extensive experience negotiating purchase and sale agreements, exchange agreements, farmouts, joint development and participation agreements, joint operating agreements, easements, surface use agreements, master service agreements, confidentiality agreements, gathering, processing and disposal agreements, and other energy-related documentation.
Prior to law school, David was a licensed Certified Public Accountant in Texas working as a senior assurance associate with a large public accounting firm.
J.D., South Texas College of Law, summa cum laude, 2016
South Texas Law Review, Executive Editor
B.B.A., Texas A&M University, Accounting, 2010
M.S., Texas A&M University, Finance, 2010
- Judicial intern, the Honorable Jeff Bohm, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Judicial intern, the Honorable David Hittner, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
David’s representative experience includes the following and numerous other upstream and midstream acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other energy-related transactions:
- $1.2 billion sale of Marcellus Shale assets.
- $325 million acquisition of Delaware Basin water infrastructure assets, including negotiation of related long-term commercial agreements for freshwater supply and disposal of produced water.
- $155 million acquisition of Uinta Basin assets.
- $75 million sale of Uinta Basin assets.
- $55 million sale of Permian Basin mineral and royalty interests.
- $42 million sale of North Dakota Bakken assets.
- $35 million sale of Texas and Louisiana Gulf Coast assets.
- ~$31.8 million sale of Permian Basin mineral and royalty interests in an all equity transaction.
- $30 million sale of Eagle Ford assets.
- Sale of offshore Gulf of Mexico assets in a cashless transaction where purchaser assumed all decommissioning liabilities.
- $200 million Utica Shale drilling joint venture.
- Negotiation of asset exchange and related documentation in connection with separation of a joint venture involving over 600,000 net acres in the Marcellus Shale.
- Negotiation of long-term gathering, processing and disposal agreements in connection with the formation of a joint venture between a private equity firm and a public E&P company.
- Negotiation of multiple farmouts and joint development agreements involving onshore Colombian oil and gas concessions.
- Negotiation of surface use and access agreement with Uinta Tribe.
- Porter Hedges Advises Alpine Summit Energy Partners on the Expansion of its Upstream Energy Asset Backed Securitization to $135 MillionFirm News, 09.14.2022
- Firm News, 09.07.2022
- Firm News, 05.04.2022
- The Houston Business Journal Once Again Names Porter Hedges Among the Largest Energy Firms in HoustonFirm News, 04.15.2022
- Firm News, 02.18.2022
- Firm News, 11.24.2021
- Firm News, 07.09.2021
- Firm News, 02.18.2021
- Porter Hedges Represents WaterBridge Resources LLC in its $200 Million Acquisition of Water Infrastructure Assets from Halcón Resources CorporationFirm News, 12.21.2018
- Porter Hedges Represents Middle Fork Energy Partners in its $155 Million Acquisition of Uinta Basin Assets from QEP ResourcesFirm News, 07.10.2018
- Firm News, 05.02.2017
- Firm News, 02.21.2017
- Porter Hedges Represents Noble Energy in an Exchange Agreement to Separate the Marcellus Joint VentureFirm News, 11.01.2016
- "Alpine Summit Energy Files for Bankruptcy After Restructuring Efforts Stalled," Wall Street JournalMedia Mention, 07.06.2023
- Media Mention, 09.27.2022
- Media Mention, 09.13.2022
- Media Mention, 03.23.2021
- Media Mention, 12.21.2018
- "Noble Energy Closes Upstream Appalachia Sale," Noble Energy Press ReleaseMedia Mention, 06.28.2017
- "Deal of the Week: Noble Energy exits Marcellus in $1.2B deal, shifts onshore focus," Houston Business JournalMedia Mention, 05.05.2017
- Media Mention, 05.03.2017
- Media Mention, 05.02.2017
- Media Mention, 05.02.2017
- Media Mention, 02.21.2017
- Media Mention, 11.02.2016
Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member